Senior AI Software Engineer
Spot AI (View all Jobs)
Remote, United States
1. Hiring Manager Sync (30 mins), discussing candidate's background 2. Executive Interview (30 mins, Engineering Managers only) - Talk with the CEO to learn about company vision. 3. Tech Screen (60-75 minutes, no coding) - Project exploration : Diving into a recent project the candidate has worked on, talking about different tech decisions and trade-offs made. Also discuss lessons learned and more. System Design: Using a feature we've already built, we'll ask you how you might go about building it. How would you design it? What trade-offs are important to you? Managers: Discuss a project you recently led a team through and we'll spend time in system design talking about how the work might be parallelized, broken down, etc 4. Product Interview (30-45 min) - Convo focused on how the candidate views the engineering/PM relationship and how they bring customer focus to their work 5. Hiring Manager Interview (45 min) : For Engineering managers - questions covering candidate's management philosophy and approach. For Individual Contributors: Questions covering how you work with your colleagues. How you resolve conflicts, actions you take to foster a safe and inclusive environment. 6. Optional interview for individual contributors (read Step 2)
Programming Languages Mentioned
ETL, SQL, Python
Spot AI was formed by engineers from Stanford, Cisco Meraki, and Samsara, with the mission of visually indexing the physical world and making that data useful to everyone at work.
With an easy-to-use AI camera system, Spot AI unlocks the power of video data, transforming that into Video Intelligence that helps companies improve their security, safety, efficiency, and more.
In the world of Video Surveillance, security pros would access systems once in a few months to catch the bad guy. In the new world of Video Intelligence, everyone at work - including operations pros, environmental health and safety, security, and the frontline workforce - will all use video intelligence to make better decisions every day.
Spot AI has been quietly building its technology and customer base since founding in 2018, and already has hundreds of customers and thousands of users. Notably, its customers reach well beyond tech early adopters, including transportation company Cheeseman, Mixt, and Northland Cold Storage.
In 2021, Spot AI scaled bookings 10x and is continuing to grow aggressively. Backed by Redpoint, Bessemer, and Village Global, Spot AI is well-positioned to disrupt the $30b video surveillance market and lead the $100b Video Intelligence movement.
We are looking for a Sr. AI Software Engineer to join our AI/Workflows team with huge opportunities for growth. You will design, architect, and productize AI, big data, and computer vision solutions for Spot AI’s customers. This is an opportunity to implement novel solutions that will have a real-world impact on thousands of businesses and democratize the use of AI.
We are looking for engineers who have experience in building and shipping computer vision or AI products at scale, bringing a mix of passion and creativity together with a pragmatic approach. We are looking for engineers who want to make a significant contribution and are adept at architecting distributed AI systems that can handle millions of hours of customer footage.
- Own, develop, and release video intelligence features end-to-end
- Work closely with other engineers and design teams to implement and iterate on features
- Engage with customers and product management to validate and iterate in an autonomous environment
What Excites You
- Working and mutually learning from an extremely high caliber engineering team
- Developing video intelligence products from inception, with lots of ownership and opportunities to implement novel solutions
- Delivering video intelligence features in ways that are thoughtful about end user privacy, such as on-device models and federated training
- Operating with autonomy in a fast paced environment
- Communicating directly with customers to better understand their use cases for iterating on future product roadmap
What You'll Need
- 3+ years of experience building and productizing AI systems at scale
- Strong track record of delivering outstanding results
- Strong engineering fundamentals with various back-end technologies in Python
- Experience with big data processing technologies and databases, such as Apache Beam, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Pub/Sub, Dataflow, BigQuery or Bigtable
- Prior exposure to general cloud solutions, such as Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, SQL/time series databases, etc.
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and synthesize engineering tasks with first principles thinking
- Ability to rapidly pick up new technologies and techniques and implement them
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field; master's degree or higher preferred
- Experience with computer vision or video data processing
- Prior experience in working on-edge ML
Create Value: (1) Work backwards from the customer’s goals (2) Keep it simple (3) Be curious
Make Decisions: (1) Bias towards action (2) Focus on getting it right, not on being right (3) Bet on the long term
Work with Others: (1) Own your outcomes (2) Help your team (3) Communicate openly and deliberately
What We Offer
- Long-term career growth and achievement opportunity
- Competitive salary + startup equity
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401K with employer match
- 14 weeks of paid parental leave
- Learning and development opportunities
- Remote flexibility
- Work from home stipend to set-up home office
- Unlimited PTO
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄