Video Pipeline Engineer
Spot AI (View all Jobs)
Remote, United States
1. Hiring Manager Sync (30 mins), discussing candidate's background 2. Executive Interview (30 mins, Engineering Managers only) - Talk with the CEO to learn about company vision. 3. Tech Screen (60-75 minutes, no coding) - Project exploration : Diving into a recent project the candidate has worked on, talking about different tech decisions and trade-offs made. Also discuss lessons learned and more. System Design: Using a feature we've already built, we'll ask you how you might go about building it. How would you design it? What trade-offs are important to you? Managers: Discuss a project you recently led a team through and we'll spend time in system design talking about how the work might be parallelized, broken down, etc 4. Product Interview (30-45 min) - Convo focused on how the candidate views the engineering/PM relationship and how they bring customer focus to their work 5. Hiring Manager Interview (45 min) : For Engineering managers - questions covering candidate's management philosophy and approach. For Individual Contributors: Questions covering how you work with your colleagues. How you resolve conflicts, actions you take to foster a safe and inclusive environment. 6. Optional interview for individual contributors (read Step 2)
Programming Languages Mentioned
We are hiring across multiple engineering roles, and would love to talk if your mission could align with ours.
Spot AI was formed by engineers from Stanford, Cisco Meraki, and Samsara, with the mission of visually indexing the physical world and making that data useful to everyone at work.
With an easy-to-use AI camera system, Spot AI unlocks the power of video data, transforming that into Video Intelligence that helps companies improve their security, safety, efficiency, and more.
In the world of Video Surveillance, security pros would access systems once in a few months to catch the bad guy. In the new world of Video Intelligence, everyone at work - including operations pros, environmental health and safety, security, and the frontline workforce - will all use video intelligence to make better decisions every day.
Spot AI has been quietly building its technology and customer base since founding in 2018, and already has hundreds of customers and thousands of users. Notably, its customers reach well beyond tech early adopters, including transportation company Cheeseman, Mixt, and Northland Cold Storage.
In 2021, Spot AI scaled bookings 10x and is continuing to grow aggressively. Backed by Redpoint, Bessemer, and Village Global, Spot AI is well-positioned to disrupt the $30b video surveillance market and lead the $100b Video Intelligence movement.
As a Video Pipeline Engineer, you'll be responsible for the backend infrastructure responsible for ingesting and serving video.
- Work in a fast paced, customer-centric environment
- Work with customer success, support, and product management to measure, tune, and patch video delivery performance
- Own video pipeline features end-to-end, from conception through delivery
- Own the backend infrastructure responsible for ingesting and serving video
What Excites You
- Our mission [see above]
- Our values [see below]
- Working in a customer-centric environment
What Excites Us
- Experience with ffmpeg or gstreamer
- Experience with networking
- Experience with golang a plus
- Bachelors or equivalent in Computer Science
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄