Manager, Customer References
Samsara (View all Jobs)
Remote - US
1. Phone interview 2. Onsite interview (technical challenges based on real problems we've faced at Samsara)
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations™ Cloud, which is a platform that enables organizations that depend on physical operations to harness Internet of Things (IoT) data to develop actionable insights and improve their operations. At Samsara, we are helping improve the safety, efficiency and sustainability of the physical operations that power our global economy. Representing more than 40% of global GDP, these industries are the infrastructure of our planet, including agriculture, construction, field services, transportation, and manufacturing — and we are excited to help digitally transform their operations at scale.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including Video-Based Safety, Vehicle Telematics, Apps and Driver Workflows, Equipment Monitoring, and Site Visibility. As part of a recently public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2024
Best Places to Work by Built In 2024
Great Place To Work Certified™ 2023
Fast Company's Best Workplaces for Innovators 2023
Financial Times The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023
We see a profound opportunity for data to improve the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of operations, and hope you consider joining us on this exciting journey.
About the role:
We are seeking a results-driven, operationally minded Manager, Customer References to lead a team taking our Customer Reference Program to the next level.
As the Manager, Customer References you’d develop a portfolio of initiatives that will drive the next phase of Samsara’s Customer Reference Program, including advocate recruitment, management and engagement, advocate story sharing through sales references and marketing channels, and internal cross functional enablement on the program, its processes and its resources to help each Samsarian tell our customers’ stories, and more.
This is a highly collaborative role and sub-team under our Customer Advocacy & Loyalty team, which is a part of the broader Customer Marketing team. This program is mission critical to increasing customer advocacy, loyalty, and retention to benefit Samsara’s long-term growth.
This role is open to candidates residing in the US except Alaska, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas, Virginia, Washington DC, and Washington.
You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, reduce emissions, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You are the architect of your own career: If you put in the work, this role won’t be your last at Samsara. We set up our employees for success and have built a culture that encourages rapid career development, countless opportunities to experiment and master your craft in a hyper growth environment.
- You’re energized by our opportunity: The vision we have to digitize large sectors of the global economy requires your full focus and best efforts to bring forth creative, ambitious ideas for our customers.
- You want to be with the best: At Samsara, we win together, celebrate together and support each other. You will be surrounded by a high-caliber team that will encourage you to do your best.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Drive next phase of our Customer Reference Program: Exponentially scale and grow our existing Customer Reference Program, taking the number of references completed from hundreds to thousands in one year; manage the team to optimize our customer advocate database and systems, build new workflows and channels to identify, recruit, track, and enable advocates to share their stories via reviews, reference calls, referrals, and content; partner with Sales, Product, and Marketing to drive reference program adoption and impact.
- Operationalize and grow our managed references workstream: Improve the processes to identify and match priority references to key customer stories such as enterprise deals, brand campaigns, press, top industry events, earnings, analyst activities, product launches and more.
- Launch easy-to-use internal enablement: Develop deep relationships with our Sales and Customer Success teams to understand their priorities and how to develop and drive reference program and tool training, adoption, and impact on goals.
- Identify and distribute new customer evidence across channels: Partner with teams across Samsara to systemically uncover new and leading customers stories; actively build easy-to-use asset and customer evidence libraries so internal teams can find the story they need in minutes.
- Mature team processes and operating model for global scale: Grow and iterate the team’s operating model, including developing consistent team processes both within the team and in partnership with cross functional leaders, that maximize US performance and create the strategy to move the reference program global – expanding the program to Canada, Mexico, and EMEA.
- Measure program/asset effectiveness: Analyze the ongoing performance of the program to improve reference efficacy, drive program adoption and ROI impact, and streamline team efforts; proactively seek feedback from internal stakeholders to continuously optimize the program and align to business needs and priorities.
- Drive cross-functional alignment and communication: Proactively and collaboratively, drive cross-functional alignment across the company, including Sales, Customer Success, and Product, to drive a cohesive customer experience, share learnings, and ensure initiatives are hitting at the heart of the business need.
- Concept and execute new programs and campaigns to meet the needs of the business: Spearhead and execute various new programs and campaigns to support Customer Success and GTM teams to meet the evolving needs of the business.
- Be a Culture Champion: Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices.
- Develop and grow the team: Hire, develop and guide an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 2-5+ years of experience in managing a customer reference and/or customer marketing team.
- Record of setting up, driving, and scaling a successful global reference program in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional creative problem solving skills and solution-oriented leadership style.
- Results-driven leader with analytical chops to measure the effectiveness of program.
- Strong management and influencer skill set; ability to quickly get to the heart of a problem and mobilize the right people to solve it with urgency.
- Strong program management foundation to enable coaching.
- Excellent listening skills, strong empathy, and interpersonal skills to develop authentic relationships.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to exceptional work are part of your personal philosophy.
- Deep curiosity to become an expert on the customer – understand behaviors, motivations, blockers, and goals – and enjoys educating others.
- Passion and mastery of compelling, ‘no fluff’ storytelling.
- Experience using tools including Salesforce, ReferenceEdge, Base, Influtitive, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year institution.
Samsara’s Compensation Philosophy: Samsara’s compensation program is designed to deliver Total Direct Compensation (based on role, level, and geography) that is at or above market. We do this through our base salary + bonus/variable + restricted stock unit awards (RSUs) for eligible roles. For eligible roles, a new hire RSU award may be awarded at the time of hire, and additional RSU refresh grants may be awarded annually.
We pay for performance, and top performers in eligible roles may receive above-market equity refresh awards which allow employees to achieve higher market positioning.
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Full time employees receive a competitive total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please be aware that Samsara does not accept or assume responsibility for unsolicited resumes from agencies. We do not charge fees to applicants at any stage of the hiring process. Official communication about your application will only come from emails ending in '@Samsara.com' or '@us-greenhouse-mail.io'.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄