CRM Data Engineer
Mozilla (View all Jobs)
1. Deep-dive discussions on technical and mentorship problems solved in the past. No live coding. Total of 3 rounds.
$116,910 - $131,316
Programming Languages Mentioned
The Mozilla Foundation is a nonprofit public benefit organization. Our mission is to ensure that the Internet is a global public resource, open and accessible to all. Join us and become part of our mission to promote openness, innovation, and opportunity online!
Twenty years ago, this meant building a browser and protecting the open web. Today, it also includes making sure AI and data driven technology is more trustworthy. In order to focus on places where Mozilla can impact the next era of our work, we are increasingly working on the topic of trustworthy AI. For us, this means especially two things: human agency is a core part of how AI is built and integrated, and corporate accountability is real and enforced.
The CRM Platforms team is responsible for the Mozilla Foundation’s CRM and integrated tools, which enables strategic decision-making across the organization. Our team is driven by a customer-first mindset, a desire for continuous learning and an eagerness to support the adoption and effective use of our CRM and related tools. As a part of the larger Technology Platforms team, we focus on empowering staff to use technology so that the Foundation can accomplish its mission
The CRM Data Engineer plays a critical role in maintaining the quality and integrity of the Mozilla Foundation’s data in the Salesforce CRM and integrated tools. This position has a direct impact on broader team efforts to establish the Salesforce CRM as an important source of organizational data that enables strategic decision-making across the organization. The CRM Data Engineer will work closely with members of the Web Platforms Team and Data and Analytics Team, as well as key stakeholders across the organization. This position is responsible for developing and maintaining processes and solutions that meet business needs and ensure data integrity within the Salesforce CRM.
Here are some projects you'll likely work on in your first 6 months:
- Conduct regular parity checks across our integrated systems to assess and remedy gaps in the transfer of data among systems.
- Support research, scoping and decision-making around transition to BigQuery for our centralized contact management system.
- Conduct an assessment of current data flows to and from Salesforce CRM and make recommendations for improvement and optimization to improve data quality and accuracy
As a CRM Data Engineer at Mozilla Foundation, you will…
Data quality monitoring - 30% of time
- Monitor Salesforce database performance to ensure that integrations and internal processes are functioning effectively and efficiently at scale
- Work with business teams to perform and report on regular data integrity and quality audits
- Work with business teams to develop solutions to address gaps or inconsistencies arising from audits
- Create SQL/SOQL queries to extract and compare large sets of data in order to identify inaccuracies across multiple systems of record
Data management (including processes and documentation) 40 % of time
- Analyze and understand key business processes as it pertains to data in our CRM and broader ecosystem
- Define and carry out the execution strategy to meet the defined data business goals for the Salesforce platform
- Define and establish data standards for Salesforce and integrated tools
- Develop and maintain a data dictionary for Salesforce that supports technical and stakeholder needs
- Develop and maintain Data Flow Diagrams for Salesforce and integrated tools
- Develop, document and carry out processes to clean, maintain, and optimize data on the Salesforce platform
- Facilitate successful resolution of CRM specific data requests via JIRA with our team and stakeholders
Support development of features and enhancements for CRM and Data Analytics platforms - 30% of time
- Perform data testing for configuration of objects, fields, record types, page layouts, workflow and validation rules in Salesforce
- Participate in development requirements gathering and grooming sessions to represent data impacts including but not limited to data governance, historical data and future data needs
- Support CRM specific needs of the Data and Analytics team
- Work with the Technology Success Manager and the Senior Business Intelligence Analyst to gather, scope and prioritize data enhancement requests
Your Professional Profile:
- Minimum of 4-5 years of experience in data governance, and data management
- Experience working with Salesforce Service or Sales Cloud; NPSP experience is a plus; Salesforce Administrator Certification preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of statistical foundations and analytics
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce data model
- Experience integrating 3rd party technologies and services with Salesforce
- Experience and proficiency required with relational databases, Excel, Python (including Colab and jupyter notebooks), SOQL, SQL, and Git
- Experience in Apex or similar object oriented programming is optional, but preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working with APIs, data warehousing tools (BigQuery) and BI tools (Tableau, Looker or PowerBI) strongly preferred
We Are Excited To See Any Additional Experience With:
- Good communication, relationship-building skills and a customer-first approach.
- Strong leadership, relationship management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines, and handle and prioritize multiple simultaneous requests, maintaining a professional and courteous attitude.
- Ability to independently apply critical thinking and problem solving skills to develop solutions to business needs.
- Strong organizational skills, excellent judgment and decision making skills.
- Strong interest in continuing to expand knowledge and skills in the Salesforce ecosystem.
- Comfortable working in a small, collaborative team environment.
- Energy and passion for the mission of the organization.
Salary and Benefits Information:
The Mozilla Foundation is dedicated to fair and equitable compensation for our staff. We aim to pay a competitive and market-based salary based on the responsibilities and requirements of the role. We do not ask for, or take into account, salary histories in our offer process.
The starting salary ranges for this role are listed below. These four countries are where we most commonly employ staff.
- Germany: [€67,721 - €76,066] [target salary offer - €69,805]
- UK: [£56,116 - £63,032] [target salary offer - £57,843]
- Canada: [$116,910 - $131,316] [target salary offer - $120,507] "Canadian applicants must have the appropriate license for this role"
- US: [$86,600 - $97,271] [target salary offer - $89,265]
Some regions fall into a higher salary market and this is reflected in the example ranges below:
- London: [£70,146 - £78,790] [target salary offer - £72,304]
- New York: [$108,250 - $121,589] [target salary offer - $111,581]
The range for your specific location will be discussed in screening conversations if your application is successful.
We offer the following benefits:
- Private Medical Insurance
- Extended Sick Leave
- Global Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Retirement Plan contributions
- Paid Time Off: 20 days annual leave + sick days and your birthday
- Company Holidays + Shutdown
- Wellness budget
- Professional Development budget
- Top up program for Pregnancy and Parental leaves
Benefits are subject to change at any time at the discretion of Mozilla Foundation.
Mozilla Foundation Hiring Practices:
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities and expressions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at email@example.com.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄