Data Engineering Manager
Gemini (View all Jobs)
1. Phone chat 2. Take-home project 3. Discussion on-site. Questions on prior experiences and culture fit
Programming Languages Mentioned
Java, ETL, SQL, Python
About the Company
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Tyler Winklevoss and Cameron Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Our flagship product, the Gemini Exchange, was built to be a compliant and secure platform to buy, sell, and store crypto. Our suite of retail products includes ActiveTrader, a high-performance platform for advanced traders. Gemini also offers the Gemini Credit Card providing real-time crypto rewards, the Gemini dollar (GUSD), a U.S. dollar-backed stablecoin, and Gemini Staking, allowing users to securely stake their tokens on-chain and receive rewards. Nifty Gateway, Gemini's NFT platform, is the world's premier marketplace for NFTs and digital art.
Gemini customers also have access to a wide range of institutional products tailor-made for high-net-worth individuals, asset and wealth managers, and hedge funds and liquidity providers seeking exposure to crypto. Customers looking to place large orders can use Gemini eOTC, a fully-electronic over-the-counter trading platform built for high-value bulk orders. For wealth management professionals, we offer a unique destination for their clients’ crypto portfolios from a single platform, and we enable fully electronic clearing and settlement of off-exchange crypto trades.
The Department: Analytics
Data is central to all of our business functions and drive many of our most important decisions at Gemini. As a result, the analysts, scientists, and engineers that make up the Data team are uniquely positioned to advise and influence cross-functional projects. These projects cover a wide-range of topics including product strategy, user acquisition and journey, cryptocurrency performance and project development, and crypto’s position as a technology, industry, and asset class within the context of the global financial
markets at large.
The Role: Data Engineering Manager
As the leader, you'll shape the way we approach data at Gemini by creating a strategic vision for how data can help drive our business growth. You will build and manage a high-performance data engineering team and leverage your data experience and communication skills to work across business teams to develop innovative data solutions. You will inspire and mentor a strong data team through your passion for data and its ability to transform decision-making and generate solutions for this new, exciting asset class. Communicating your insights and driving new product development across the organization is paramount to success. You will also be looked upon to share Gemini's data vision and products externally.
- Lead team responsible for scaling our data infrastructure and optimizing our warehouse's performance
- Lead design, architecture and implementation of best-in-class Data Warehousing and reporting solutions
- Lead and participate in design discussions and meetings
- Lead and mentor data engineers
- Design, automate, build, and launch scalable, efficient and reliable data pipelines into production
- Build real-time data and reporting solutions
- Oversee design, build and enhance dimensional models for Data Warehouse and BI solutions
- Research new tools and technologies to improve existing processes
- Develop new systems and tools to enable the teams to consume and understand data more intuitively
- Partner with engineers, project managers, and analysts to deliver insights to the business
- Own responsibilities around root cause analysis, production and data issues such as validation
- 5-7+ years experience bringing a data infrastructure to the next level including the overhaul of data, pipelines, architecture and modeling
- 7+ years experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- 7+ years experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling
- Experience building real-time data solutions and processes
- Experience building and integrating web analytics solutions
- Advanced SQL skills is a must
- Experience and expertise in Databricks, Spark, Hadoop etc.
- Skilled in programming languages Python and/or Java
- Experience with one or more MPP databases(Redshift, Bigquery, Snowflake, etc)
- Experience with one or more ETL tools(Informatica, Pentaho, SSIS, Alooma, etc)
- Experienced building cross functional teams across different departments
- Strong technical and business communication
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary annual bonus
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄