Senior Security Engineer
Incredible Health (View all Jobs)
1. 1 problem to solve and you have the full hour to solve it. Problem is pulled from a real function in our codebase and it's very easy to understand.
They say an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. We’re looking for someone to help us improve our ounce. If you are someone who gets up in the morning thinking about how to secure networks, if you love thinking through tabletop exercises, or if you take pride in the beauty of a thorough incidence response, then we should talk.
Usual days include:
- Thinking through our different attack vectors and developing strategies to keep us one step ahead of the bad guys.
- You’ll be a small team, so your mission will be to multiply your productivity by choosing the right tools and setting up automation.
- If an incident occurs, figuring out why it happened and leading the charge to make sure it doesn’t happen again.
- In our quest for constant evolution, you’ll do risk assessments and implement the most important recommendations.
- Leading and developing our IT Support Specialist. Helping them create a roadmap, set objectives, secure our systems, and make the IT function hum.
- No one is an island, so you’ll enjoy talking to and training your awesome co-workers in other departments to ensure they stay secure. Also, they should enjoy talking to you!
- Change is constant, so you’ll need to stay on top of the latest security tech and vulnerabilities to keep us inoculated.
- Allocating our resources to things that make us safer instead of the things that just look like they are making us safer.
- Answering questionnaires and assuring the IT teams at our hospital clients understand we’re doing the right thing.
- Working with our amazing team of full stack engineers to build out any improvements in the code base that you identify.
You might be the one we’re looking for if:
- You’ve already been doing this kind of thing for at least five years.
- Cloud security is one of your strong suits. Extra points if you’ve locked down AWS before.
- You’ve deployed and administered tools for all the big acronyms like IAM, EDR/XDR, SIEM, CSPM, and MDM.
- You know your way around security frameworks like SOC 2.
- You’ve set up automated software security scanning.
- You’ve had a few direct reports before and they’ll say great things about working with you.
- Bonus points if you have certifications such as CISSP, CISM, or CEH
And now a little bit about us...
Incredible Health is the fastest-growing venture-backed career marketplace for healthcare workers. Our software and service help healthcare workers like nurses find and do their best work. We’re using technology to give healthcare recruiting a much-needed speed and quality boost while solving the number one problem of our hospital partners - how to get the staff they need. Our vision is to help healthcare workers live better lives. We’re backed by top venture firms like Andreessen Horowitz and we’re growing and moving fast.
Working here is awesome because:
- We’re moving quickly so things never get stale.
- We get to make a difference in the lives of healthcare workers who are truly amazing people.
- We are a very high-caliber team of medical doctors, nurses, software engineers, designers, sales leaders, account managers, and more.
- We pay a competitive salary, commissions, bonuses, and equity, and we’ve got you covered when it comes to your health (medical, vision, dental) and future (401k).
- Unlimited vacation, so take a break when you need it!
- We have a great family leave policy so that you can spend time bonding with any new additions to your family.
- We welcome candidates with backgrounds that are commonly underrepresented in our industries.
- We deeply value culture, community, and camaraderie amongst our team - we strive to create a work environment that lets you have fun and celebrate (team events and trivia galore!).
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud
At Incredible Health, the security of our employees and candidates is a priority.
All application information should be submitted securely on https://www.incrediblehealth.com/careers
We will always communicate with you via @incrediblehq.com or @incrediblehealth.com e-mail addresses and will use the email address that you provided in your application. We will not make offers or schedule interviews through LinkedIn InMail or Wire.
We will never request money or sensitive information like bank account information, social security number, or any other non-public information during the application process. We do not charge a fee to process employment applications or require any other form of payment during the recruitment process. You will not be asked to purchase your own company hardware, phone, or phone line during the recruitment process.
If you suspect fraud, please do not respond and report the situation to email@example.com. Please include as much information as possible when submitting your report, including a copy of the original email or text you received and any other important information such as email headers, names, company names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, URLs, and mailing details.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄