Staff Software Engineer
Lattice (View all Jobs)
1. Technical exercises based on work we do at Lattice 2. Discussion of a new architecture to solve a real world problem
Programming Languages Mentioned
This is Engineering at Lattice
Lattice’s Engineering team is continuously working to better both our product and our craft. We use a modern, cutting-edge tech stack aimed at developer productivity and delight. We strive for maintainable, robust, and performant code. We’re highly collaborative and continuously iterative and work closely with designers and product managers. We prioritize not only great technical architecture but also an amazing product experience.
The Platform Frameworks team is part of the broader Platform organization and provides tools and frameworks that accelerate feature delivery for developers working on the Lattice product suite. The team’s mission is to “pave roads” in order to provide well-worn pathways to success for product engineers. We aim to reduce complexity and cognitive load while at the same time improving the reliability of our products and applications.
What You Will Do
- You’ll work with other engineers to build and own products across a modern tech stack. Your focus will be in our backend stack, including NodeJS with TypeScript, NestJS, GraphQL, and PostgreSQL. We rely on AWS to host our infrastructure, and we manage it with Terraform.
- You’ll influence and lead the design and implementation of large-scale projects used by all engineers across the company.
- You’ll drive impact - through communication, mentorship, planning, execution, implementation, and outcomes.
- You’ll actively contribute to and guide our engineering practices, identifying and evangelizing opportunities to improve our team’s outputs.
- You'll Identify & address performance bottlenecks, implementing strategies to increase reliability and redundancy, and championing good software engineering practices for the teams.
- You’ll independently lead the execution of complex projects requiring cross-functional collaboration with product managers and designers.
- You’ll provide substantial mentorship to less experienced colleagues, helping to refine their technical craft and expand their knowledge.
What You Will Bring to the Table
You have 7+ years of professional experience writing and maintaining production-level applications, and at least 3 years as a tech lead or similar role.
- You champion clean architecture development practices that focus on scalability, performance, code readability and security.
- You’ve got good database and data modeling experience. You know how to efficiently model moderately complicated data, write and optimize performant queries in a relational database like PostgreSQL, and are comfortable mentoring junior engineers on best practices around this.
- You know the ins-and-outs of maintaining and scaling an application actively serving customers in production.
- You seek out the root cause when debugging software defects and champion improvements that prevent future issues.
You’re a great communicator and collaborator.
- You're a team player who chooses collaborative work over creating in silos.
- You write code that your colleagues will also own, understand, and maintain.
- You’re clear and concise in explaining your thought process and in enumerating the tradeoffs made in your work.
You enjoy taking an active role in the development process.
- You love mentoring and supporting other software engineers who are newer to the industry.
- You have experience taking the lead in planning and executing the development roadmap for software projects.
- You make the engineering team more effective through the pragmatic application of useful code tools and patterns
The estimated annual cash salary for this role is €64,750.00 - €76,250.00. This position is also eligible for incentive stock options, subject to the terms of Lattice’s applicable plans.
Benefits and perks may vary by country.
*Note on Pay Transparency:
Lattice provides an estimate of the compensation for roles that may be hired as required by state regulations. Compensation may vary based on (a) location, as Lattice factors in specific location when benchmarking compensation for most roles; (b) individual candidate skills and qualifications; and (c) individual candidate experience.
Additionally, Lattice leverages current market data to determine compensation, so posted compensation figures are subject to change as new market data becomes available. The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. Lattice reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
Lattice is on a mission to build cultures where employees and their companies thrive. In an age where employees have more choices than ever before, businesses that put employees first are winning 🏅– and Lattice is building the tools to empower those people-centric companies.
Lattice is a people success platform that offers performance reviews, employee engagement surveys, real-time feedback, weekly check-ins, goal setting, and career planning in a way that allows companies to focus on employee development, growth, and engagement – yielding stronger employee retention, performance, and impact to the bottom line 📈. Since launching in 2016, we have grown to over 5,000+ customers globally, including brands like Slack, Robinhood, and Gusto.
Lattice is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Lattice is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄