UserTesting (View all Jobs)
Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.
1. Initial interview 2. Pair programming 3. Offer
We’re UserTesting, a leader in experience research and insights; we believe the path to human understanding and great experiences start with a shared understanding—seeing and hearing how another person engages with the world around them and taking in their perspective. Working at UserTesting, you will be empowered to help organizations discover the human side of business–transforming how they work, collaborate, innovate, and bring new products and experiences to market. This is what inspires us, and it’s how we enable companies to connect with their audiences naturally and organically through an experience that is uniquely, and intentionally human.
A trusted company by top brands for 15+ years, UserTesting, recently merged with UserZoom, has over 3,400 customers in 50 countries, including 75 of the Fortune 100 companies. Joining our team means being part of a passionate group focused on transforming how companies learn from and understand their customers. Come join us and help us build the engine for human understanding.
About the Services Team:
The Services team owns a group of core services used throughout our platform. We are responsible for everything around the pricing and packaging of our product. This includes metering, governing, and reporting usage, and setting and provisioning accounts and subscriptions. We’re part of the larger Platform Services subgroup, a facet of the Platform group, where we participate in guiding larger infrastructure and architecture decisions across the organization.
UserTesting is a market leader, with demonstrated success and a decade of user testing data. As our research repository grows, we have identified a need to allow access to our insights through external integrations and APIs. We also provide internal integrations to ease developer experience as well as helping out our support and provisioning teams. We have recently merged and added new applications to our business portfolio, and our integrations need to be expanded to these applications.
Overarching theme for the next 12 months:
- Support Session Unit metering for our new unified platform and mixed method
- Variable rate card - rate card service, promotions
- Update and enhance our usage dashboards
- Workspace allocation
- Build a new subscription service and enhance auto provisioning from SFDC
- Settings application
- Entitlements engine within platform services
- BFF/API Gateway
- Admin tooling
What We Have Ownership For:
- Architecture, design, and development of pricing and packaging and the microservices needed to support them.
- Metering and Usage Governance services.
- Subscription service and auto provisioning from SFDC.
- Partnership with the other platform services team to deliver entitlements to our internal engineering partners in an easily integrated manner.
- Internal Admin tooling architectural patterns
- BFF architecture and patterns.
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience navigation legacy code bases and breaking apart a monolithic code base into microservices.
- Ability to create technical documents and engineering proposals.
- Experience coding in GoLang.
- Significant experience working with APIs (REST, gRPC, graphQL) in a service oriented architecture.
- Experience creating backend client libraries.
- Proficient with Terraform, Docker, and Kubernetes.
To learn more about our team, culture, and customers, check out our careers page, company blog, and press/awards. Aside from a great work environment and the opportunity to make an impact, we’re also growing the team quickly–join us!
At UserTesting, we are committed to providing more inclusive and accessible experiences for our candidates. We pride ourselves on building empathy; diverse perspectives, which we believe are the key values to creating exceptional experiences for everyone. Our commitment to providing accessible experiences is driven by this belief and our core values. If you require any accommodations or have any specific requests about how we could tailor our interview process to better suit your needs please contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need to speak to someone please ask!
UserTesting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
UserTesting will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, as applicable.
We welcome candidates with physical, mental, and/or neurological disabilities. If you require assistance applying for an open position, or need accommodation during the recruiting process due to a disability, please submit a request to People Operations by emailing askPeopleOps@usertesting.com.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄