Lead Analyst, Transaction Monitoring
Monzo (View all Jobs)
1. Phone interview 2. Take-home, & call to discuss it 3. 2-3 hours of on-site interviews (systems/behavioural)
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
About the role:
We’re looking for an exceptional Lead Analyst to help lead and support the development of our Transaction Monitoring (TM) capabilities. You will be a key part of the team delivering improvements to our proprietary TM controls that detect and prevent Financial Crime risk across all our products and delivery channels.
Your technical knowledge will ensure we’re protecting Monzo and our customers from all Financial Crime risks, but also ensures we maintain the exceptional customer experience Monzo is known for.
We need someone who has real experience of leading and delivering implementation and optimisation projects across the TM space. This includes expert practical knowledge of TM systems, and an ability to partner with and influence a wide range of stakeholders across product, data, machine learning and engineering.
You’ll also have significant experience in helping shape and lead the future of TM strategy at Monzo.
The TM squad that you’ll be part of works with dedicated financial crime engineers, data scientists and machine learning experts. This enables us to spot, assess and build detective and preventive controls quickly.
What you’ll be working on:
- Leading on key TM optimisation, development, and implementation projects across a range of products including retail and business banking, as well as borrowing and investments.
- Developing strategic relationships with product/platform owners and stakeholders to provide expert fincrime knowledge and define business and functional requirements.
- Working closely with Product teams across all Monzo products to ensure the appropriate TM controls are in place to manage Financial Crime risk to support rapid and safe business growth.
- Working closely with data analytics and machine learning stakeholders to continue to develop best-in-class detection and prevention capabilities.
- Maintaining a close relationship with our Fincrime operations teams, ensuring sufficient communication and knowledge sharing on improvements to TM capabilities including user interface and customer experience.
- Helping to define and interpret key measures and metrics on the performance of TM systems and aiding in the preparation of reporting to relevant oversight committees and senior stakeholders across the business.
- Proactively identifying and sharing emerging threats/trends, working across all Fincrime teams.
You should apply if:
- You have significant experience working with TM and a broad awareness of other systems used to detect and prevent all types of Fincrime.
- You’ve led, or provided significant support for, the implementation of improvements to TM systems in similar organisations.
- You have demonstrable experience of thinking strategically whilst also knowing when a tactical approach is required.
- You have experience of working closely with product, data and engineering teams to define build requirements, and support from a fincrime risk perspective.
- You are passionate about Fincrime, Monzo and putting customers first and working in a fast-paced, high-volume environment and thrive when there’s ambiguity.
- You're great at explaining processes and complex technical requirements to people.
- You’re well organised and can work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- You have a track record of demonstrating your strong decision making skills and ability to work to multiple deadlines simultaneously.
The interview process:
Our interview process involves 3 main stages:
- Short call with Monzo Recruiter
- Initial video-call with Hiring Manager
- Interview Loop (2 x interviews conducted over GoogleMeet)
Our average process takes around 2-3 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on email@example.com
⏳ Applications close at 6pm on 13th February
What’s in it for you:
💰 £86,000 - £107,000 (Dependent on Experience) ➕ plus stock options & benefits
📍This role can be based in our London office, but we're open to distributed working within the UK (with ad hoc meetings in London).
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚 Learning budget of £1,000 a year for training courses and conferences ➕ And much more, see our full list of benefits here
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄