Lead Security Engineer
UserTesting (View all Jobs)
Edinburgh, Scotland, U.K.
1. Initial interview 2. Pair programming 3. Offer
Programming Languages Mentioned
We’re UserTesting, a leader in experience research and insights; we believe the path to human understanding and great experiences start with a shared understanding—seeing and hearing how another person engages with the world around them and taking in their perspective. Working at UserTesting, you will be empowered to help organizations discover the human side of business–transforming how they work, collaborate, innovate, and bring new products and experiences to market. This is what inspires us, and it’s how we enable companies to connect with their audiences naturally and organically through an experience that is uniquely, and intentionally human.
A trusted company by top brands for 15+ years, UserTesting, recently merged with UserZoom, has over 3,400 customers in 50 countries, including 75 of the Fortune 100 companies. Joining our team means being part of a passionate group focused on transforming how companies learn from and understand their customers. Come join us and help us build the engine for human understanding.
Our Security Team proactively safeguards our organization's information and assets, ensuring a robust security posture against threats and vulnerabilities
As the UserTesting Lead Security Engineer, you will be responsible for defining the safeguards that will need to be incorporated into new and existing Platform features. You will coordinate efforts internally and also with Engineering and other teams to continue iterating on the Platform security posture.
What you will be doing
- Support the R&D Team in any new feature development by defining its security requirements
- Take care of the security aspects of our infrastructure in terms of its design and daily operations
- Collaborate and work with the R&D Team to embed Security Testing in our SDLC
- Contribute on improving the overall UserTesting security posture
What are we looking for
- Technical knowledge in application security, cryptography, authentication and authorization in cloud environments.
- Ability to advice on the design and maintenance of a Cloud Security Architecture suitable for UserTesting
- Experience ensuring applications are secure throughout the software development lifecycle
- Amazon Web Services previous experience and/or related certifications (i.e. AWS Solutions Architect, AWS Security Specialty, OSCP, CISSP, CISA…)
- Interest in the Security as Code approach (i.e. security infrastructure implementation through Terraform, CloudFormation...)
- Previous experience on penetration testing
- Advanced English speaker.
What we offer
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Insurance
- Flexible retribution
- Employee Referral Program
- Professional Development Stipend
- Remote work stipend
- Wellness reimbursement
- Volunteer days
To learn more about our team, culture, and customers, check out our careers page, company blog, and press/awards. Aside from a great work environment and the opportunity to make an impact, we’re also growing the team quickly–join us!
At UserTesting, we are committed to providing more inclusive and accessible experiences for our candidates. We pride ourselves on building empathy; diverse perspectives, which we believe are the key values to creating exceptional experiences for everyone. Our commitment to providing accessible experiences is driven by this belief and our core values. If you require any accommodations or have any specific requests about how we could tailor our interview process to better suit your needs please contact us on: email@example.com. If you need to speak to someone please ask!
UserTesting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
UserTesting will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, as applicable.
We welcome candidates with physical, mental, and/or neurological disabilities. If you require assistance applying for an open position, or need accommodation during the recruiting process due to a disability, please submit a request to People Operations by emailing askPeopleOps@usertesting.com.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄