QA Engineer III
Calendly (View all Jobs)
1. 45 min chat with engineering director 2. Take-home assignment 3. All day technical & cultural fit interview. Tech assessments include system design, extension of the takehome assignment, and bug fix pairing.
Programming Languages Mentioned
About the team & opportunity
What’s so great about working on Calendly’s Engineering team?
We make things possible for our customers through innovation.
Why do we need you? Well, we are looking for a QA Engineer III who will bring experience testing consumer SaaS applications in an Agile environment. You will report to a QA Engineering Manager and will be responsible for testing new features and functionality within the Calendly platform.
A day in the life of a QA Engineer at Calendly
At Calendly, we strive to think it, build it, ship it—delivering great features to our customers as fast as possible while ensuring the highest quality user experience. As a QAE, you will work closely with Development Engineers and Product Managers. This includes helping define user stories and refine acceptance criteria as well as testing new feature functionality.
Our ideal candidates are analytical with a keen eye for detail and obsession over quality. Top candidates will have experience using continuous integration, deployment, testing, and delivery strategies. This role will be responsible for logging and monitoring errors, and testing performance and load-time. You’ll have the opportunity to design testing strategies in a service-oriented architecture for large scale projects including unit tests, API tests, and functional/GUI tests.
On a typical day, you will be working on:
- Analyzing product requirements and architect test plans
- Contributing to team sprint planning meetings
- Writing, validating and executing test cases
- Tracking defects and providing quality metrics
- Collaborating with SDETs and other engineers on test strategies
- Taking ownership of and championing quality in areas of focus
- Promoting to the entire organization how important it is to ship high-quality / low-defect code
What do we need from you?
- 4+ years of experience testing web applications
- 2+ years of web application testing experience on iOS and Android mobile devices (preferred)
- Experience testing a SaaS product with a strong focus on quality throughout the entire software development cycle
- Experience testing in a service-oriented architecture
- Understanding of web application architecture and troubleshooting
- Exposure to one or more automation testing tools (e.g. Selenium, WebDriver, JMeter, SoapUI, Watir, Cypress)
- Experience with Git or other source control systems
- Working knowledge of CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Buildkite (or other similar tools)
- Experience validating API services using tools such as Postman
- Experience with Agile development methodology (e.g. Scrum)
- Experience mentoring and guiding other Engineers in testing best practices
- Excellent problem-solving skills, a love for technical challenges, and a willingness to learn
- Impeccable time management skills and an ability to self-direct
- Phenomenal written and verbal communication skills
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
What’s in it for you?
Ready to make a serious impact? Millions of people already rely on Calendly’s products, and we’re still in the midst of our growth curve — it’s a fantastic time to join us. Everything you’ll work on here will accelerate your career to the next level. If you want to learn, grow, and do the best work of your life alongside the best people you’ve ever worked with, then we hope you’ll consider allowing Calendly to be a part of your professional journey.
Our Hiring Process:
We aim to provide an inclusive and equitable candidate experience to everyone who expresses interest in working at Calendly. To learn more about our hiring process, please visit our careers page at www.careers.calendly.com.
Once selected for an opportunity, the recruiter assigned to the role will keep you informed every step of the way. Have questions? Let your recruiter know! Want to share your experience? We are passionately committed to improving and building on our process, and we consider feedback a gift.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the application or recruiting process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are located in Hawaii, Montana, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, West Virginia, and Rhode Island, you will not be eligible for employment. Note that all individual roles will specify location eligibility.
All candidates can find our Candidate Privacy Statement here
Candidates residing in California may visit our Notice at Collection for California Candidates here: Notice at Collection
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄