Staff Software Engineer, Mobile
Mozilla (View all Jobs)
1. Deep-dive discussions on technical and mentorship problems solved in the past. No live coding. Total of 3 rounds.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Mozilla Corporation is the non-profit-backed technology company behind pioneering brands like Firefox, the privacy-minded web browser, and Pocket, a service for keeping up with the best articles online. More than 225 million people around the world use its products each month.
Along with 60,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff are driven by our mission to ensure the Internet is a global public resource, open and accessible to all. We design, build and distribute open-source software that enables people to enjoy the internet on their terms.
A healthy and inclusive internet starts with the tools used to access and discover the Web. On Android, we start by developing applications that give people a choice in their Android browser to experience the Web in an open, safe and healthy environment. Promoting transparency, innovation, inclusion and opportunity from every angle for mobile is at our core.
If you are an experienced app developer and want to contribute to a product that has over 100 million downloads from the Google Play Store, join our team!
What you’ll do
- Design, debug, build, and ship medium to large scale Android solutions that promote a healthy and inclusive internet
- Become a member of a hardworking, diverse, and geographically distributed team delivering Android components, application improvements, and features
- Closely collaborate with stakeholders to understand, define and clarify scope and solidify requirements
- Clearly communicate the engineering development perspective and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical team members
- Define and uphold standards for quality through constructive code reviews, bug fixing, testing, and coding practices
- Provide solutions and feedback to Mozilla's lively and dynamic open source community to improve our Android solutions and support Mozilla’s manifesto
What you bring
- Many years experience building complex applications for a broad and diverse user base using Java and Kotlin
- A passion investigating and squashing bugs
- Experience resolving problems, signaling risk, fostering change, and facilitating collaborative decision-making
- Passion for building excellent products.
- Modern programming practices (code review, unit testing, automation)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment to deliver well-designed, reusable, and high-quality code on time
- Desire to work with, learn, and grow with an outstanding group of people
Bonus Points for:
- Reading and understanding C++ and/or Rust.
- Unafraid of asking questions, and proposing new ideas if you think they will make a positive impact.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R2441
To learn more about our Hiring Range System, please click this link.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄