Staff Software Engineer, Infrastructure Engineering
Textio (View all Jobs)
NY, MA, IL, TX, CO, HI, CA, OR, WA
1. Initial screen to discuss experience and interest in a role at Textio 2. Take-home programming task is discussed during a 1-hour tech screen (on-site or remote) 3. Finally a larger take-home project, simulating real work, is discussed during an on-site presentation plus 1-1s; How we hire
$175,000 - $257,000
Programming Languages Mentioned
Note: We support 100% remote work for applicants who reside in the following states: California, Colorado, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, Oregon, Texas and Washington.
Textio helps companies hire and retain diverse teams by eliminating bias in the most critical moments across the talent lifecycle. Textio gives you the tools to build high-performing teams by attracting diverse talent and supporting their career growth.
As a Staff Software Engineer on the Infrastructure Engineering team, you will play a crucial role in shaping Textio's infrastructure and DevOps culture. You'll guide the development and optimization of our infrastructure, aligning it to performance benchmarks and business objectives. Would you be interested in collaborating across business units to actively shape product strategy? If you're passionate about SRE and have a DevOps background, we'd like to hear from you!
What you’ll be doing:
- Employing automation to streamline operations and to proactively prevent and repair service disruptions.
- Collaborating with other teams to align infrastructure with product, operational, and compliance objectives.
- Staying informed about industry trends and technologies, and introducing new solutions for ongoing improvement.
- Guiding major initiatives from conception to launch.
- Advancing CI/CD pipelines and championing a DevOps culture, with a focus on practices like Infrastructure as Code (IaC), proactive monitoring, and effective alerting.
- Ensuring operational environments effectively serve engineering teams and strategically contain cloud expenditures.
- Delivering critical infrastructure support and meticulously documenting designs and procedures to promote collective progress.
- Participating in an on-call rotation that prioritizes a healthy work-life balance.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- A solid foundation in modern computing concepts, acquired through education or practical experience.
- Extensive experience in SRE and DevOps (particularly supporting SaaS products), including proficiency with AWS services, Linux administration, Docker, and with building resilient cloud infrastructure.
- Expertise writing maintainable scripts with Terraform, CDK, and shell scripts, and with languages like Python, Go, etc.
- Versatile communication skills for diverse audiences and a collaborative, team-oriented approach.
- Leadership experience on multi-disciplinary business initiatives.
- Prior experience securing cloud environments.
- Experience configuring CI/CD pipelines, particularly with CircleCI and using version control for infrastructure and app deployment
Nice to have:
- Experience leading a similar team at a SaaS startup, familiarity with Azure, and advanced coding skills.
We are looking to build a truly diverse, equitable, and inclusive engineering team. We have a number of outstanding benefits to support that.
- We offer flexible schedules and unlimited time off. Take vacations to recharge and work the schedule that makes sense for you. We’re about long-term growth and success, so that means working sustainably.
- We provide outstanding health care, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.
- Paid time to volunteer at non-profits. If you volunteer enough, we’ll match your hours with donations.
- On demand mentoring with Bravely.
The salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $175,000 - $257,000 (target range: $185,000 - $210,000). Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. We will provide more information on our benefits and equity upon requests. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted up to or over 100% of the offered base salary (no cap). Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for > Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
Textio embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Textio requests applicants shared demographic information because having a recruitment process that is fair and unbiased is at the core of who we are and what do. The information we collect helps us measure, and holds us accountable to, our progress towards building a diverse and inclusive workplace. The data enables us to perform internal analysis on our hiring practices. If we see any unintentional biases or disparities in our process, we can work to address and eliminate them. It allows us to continuously improve our hiring procedures and make them more equitable and hold ourself true to being able to hire and retain a diverse team.
Please note that providing this information is completely voluntary. Any information you provide will be kept confidential and will not impact your chances of employment in any way. The data is used strictly for statistical purposes and to ensure fairness in our hiring processes.
Textio will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you require any accommodation please contact our recruiting team at email@example.com.
Persons who are deaf, hard of hearing, blind, or have speech disabilities, please dial 711 to access telecommunications relay services.
Working at Textio is outstanding. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://textio.com/careers/.
Reach out and share your story with us!
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄