Software Engineer, Full Stack - Revenue Growth
Zapier (View all Jobs)
1. Recruiter interview 2. Take-home project 3. Code review of the take-home project 4. Technical discussions with hiring manager and engineers from the team, values interview.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Job Posted: 1/23/24
Location: North America
Zapier is on the lookout for a talented Full Stack Engineer to join our Revenue Growth team. Our mission at Zapier is to empower everyone with the ability to increase their productivity through automation. Zapier has helped millions of people build businesses through the power of automation.
As a Full Stack Engineer on the Revenue Growth team within the Growth Engineering Organization, you’ll play a crucial role in supporting growth opportunities and driving impactful experiments to make it incredibly easy for users to grasp the value of Zapier's offerings to acquire, expand, and retain our customers. Working in an agile team, you’ll be collaborating closely with our product, design and data analytics partners to develop and execute innovative strategies to drive more revenue and growth for the company.
If you’re interested in advancing your career at a fast-growing, profitable, impact-driven company, then read on…
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
- You love building. You have at least 3 years of experience as a Software Engineer building distributed, scaleable web-applications. You have a solid understanding of the software development foundation. You have strong proficiency with full-stack languages such as Typescript, React, Python, REST APIs, GraphQL, and backend frameworks such as Django. You enjoy solving problems end-to-end. Zapier is built on Python, Django, React, Node.js and AWS. We use modern tools, which means you’ll have the opportunity to work with software like Next.js, Vercel, Avro, RabbitMQ, Docker, GitLab and Redis.
- You love running experiments. You’re like a scientist who likes to come up with a hypothesis, develop multiple solutions, and rapidly experiment on them to evaluate their success. You care deeply about the results of the experiments and whether they drive business impact for our customers. These include a combination of bold changes and smaller improvements. You are familiar with A/B testing and you have experience working with feature flag system such as Split or LaunchDarkly to perform experimentation.
- You are data-informed. You love metrics. You like to use data to help inform and evaluate product, engineering, and team solutions. You know how to gather data and have working knowledge of SQL. You have a good understanding of how eventing system, logging system such as Sentry, Datadog, Graylog, and data analytics tools such as Looker and Amplitude work.
- You excel when working on a team. You enjoy being part of a team that solves problems together, collaborating on ideas, and working to meet team goals. You like pairing up with teammates when someone gets blocked. You give and accept feedback professionally and don’t let ego get in the way of delivering the best solution for the customer. You can summarize technical concepts effectively as you work with people from disciplines outside of engineering.
- You embrace service ownership. You appreciate the speed and autonomy a team has when it owns its services. You also know ownership comes with the responsibility to monitor your team’s services and make sure they are reliable and performant.
- You care about the 'why' more than the 'what'. Your approach to engineering isn't just about ticking boxes or following directives. You deeply value clarity and purpose in your work. If priorities seem nebulous or not optimized, you're confident and proactive in seeking clarity, ensuring that the team's efforts align with the broader vision. Misalignments don't escape your keen eye, and you're quick to flag them, ensuring that the team remains on a coherent and impactful trajectory.
- You love learning. Engineering is an ever-evolving world. You enjoy exploring areas that you might not have experience with yet. You have a balanced approach to adopting new tech vs using well-understood patterns.
- You value our values. At Zapier, our values are at the heart of how we work together and how we think about our customers. In our remote setting, they help develop trust and ensure we work and collaborate together to democratize automation. You see how these values can empower meaningful work, you thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced setting, you are eager to continue growing and you’re excited to be part of the team.
Nice-to-Have Technical Skills/Experience:
- Knowledge of infrastructure as code such as Terraform
- Prior experience working as a Product-Led Growth Engineer
Things You’ll Do
As part of Zapier's Revenue Growth team, a remote-first and rapidly evolving group, you'll engage in a range of projects and experimentations to bring growth to Zapier. Here are some key activities you might be involved in:
- Run experiments to drive iterative improvements on the monetization funnel, making direct impact on key business metrics.
- Utilize data-driven insights to identify growth opportunities and collaborate with cross-functional teams to execute strategic initiatives.
- Collaborate closely with our product, design, and data partners to analyze the results of experiments and turn business ideas into engineering solutions.
- Work in an agile team to implement features, fix bugs, and provide support across Zapier.
- Own small to medium-sized projects from ideation to delivery, working with the team to set clear expectations and commitments, and communicating effectively with stakeholders.
- Ensure availability, reliability and scalability of our services by always keeping observability and maintainability in mind.
- Help shape the technical direction for the team by reviewing architecture designs, plans to address technical debt and technology decisions.
- Build tools that help our non-engineering teams (e.g. marketing, go-to-market) scale.
- Improve day-to-day operations by providing feedback, suggestions and creating bots for automation.
Zapier Compensation Guiding Principles
We believe all Zapiens should be rewarded competitively and equitably, using practices that are simple and transparent. This philosophy ensures we’re able to find, grow, and retain exceptional people from a broad range of backgrounds. Here’s how we define our compensation principles:
- Competitive: Zapier pays well among the technology sector.
- Equitable: Consistent pay practices; Pay for impact
- Simple: Pay is well understood, and pay practices are built for scale.
- Transparent: Zapiens know how pay works, including how their pay is determined.
The pay ranges for this role are:
IC2 - min: 114,300 mid: 142,900 max: 171,500 USD
IC3 - min: 138,300 mid: 172,900 max: 207,500 USD
IC2 - min: 114,300 mid: 142,900 max: 171,500 USD
IC3 - min: 138,300 mid: 172,900 max: 207,500 CAD
A Candidate's compensation package is finalized once the interview process is concluded and accounts for demonstrated experience, job knowledge, skills, abilities, and internal equity. We use a business impact approach to base pay, which means we set pay for all Zapiens based on their demonstrated impact on Zapier’s success. In alignment with that philosophy, the upper half of a pay range is typically reserved for individuals who have consistently demonstrated a high impact in their current role and level while at Zapier.
For more information on Zapier’s Total Rewards please click here.
How to Apply
At Zapier, we believe that diverse perspectives and experiences make us better, which is why we have a non-standard application process designed to promote inclusion and equity. We're looking for the best fit for each of our roles, regardless of the type of education or companies in your background, so we encourage you to apply even if your skills and experiences don’t exactly match the job description. All we ask is that you answer a few in-depth questions in our application that would typically be asked at the start of an interview process. This helps speed things up by letting us get to know you and your skillset a bit better right out of the gate. Please be sure to answer each question; the resume and CV fields are optional.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us—even if we don’t see an immediate fit with our team. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to never go more than seven days without letting you know the status of your application. We know we’ll make mistakes from time to time, so if you ever have questions about where you stand or about the process, just ask your recruiter!
Zapier is an equal-opportunity employer and we're excited to work with talented and empathetic people of all identities. Zapier does not discriminate based on someone's identity in any aspect of hiring or employment as required by law and in line with our commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base. Zapier will consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.
Zapier is committed to inclusion. As part of this commitment, Zapier welcomes applications from individuals with disabilities and will work to provide reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodations are needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: The anticipated application window is 30 days from the date job is posted, unless the number of applicants requires it to close sooner or later, or if the position is filled.
Even though we’re an all-remote company, we still need to be thoughtful about where we have Zapiens working. Check out this resource for a list of countries where we currently cannot have Zapiens permanently working.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄