Reaktor (View all Jobs)
1. Discussion 2. Work samples from previous projects (work or hobby) 3. Take-home exercise if needed for further info
Programming Languages Mentioned
- Are you in your element with a full software development cycle?
- Do you have a passion for solving human problems with a holistic approach?
- Are you curious to experience working in a low-hierarchy environment?
Our award-winning tech community is looking for software developers to join us in Tampere.
As a software developer at Reaktor, your job is to
Work on various software development tasks, building either web or mobile apps
Your daily tasks include:
- Collaborating with client's tech and business teams: discussing their needs and challenges and trying to figure out what to focus on in the project.
- Coming up with technical solutions to best support clients business needs.
- Implementing new features that require changes to frontend applications, backend servers, and/or databases.
- Other software development-related tasks, such as debugging, and designing.
A curious-minded developer who is comfortable working on both backend and frontend of an app
To thrive in this position, you’ll need:
- Experience on a broad spectrum (back end, front end, and ops). Usually, to be successful in this role at Reaktor, we've noticed it's good to have a minimum of four years of relevant work experience.
- Relevant skills to create new backend services.
- Know-how on databases (e.g., PostgreSQL).
- To be comfortable engaging with the client stakeholders when needed.
- Fluent verbal & written English skills.
- To be willing to work in a hybrid set up, where you work with your team at the office or at the client premises.
Why join us?
For two decades, we’ve been developing qualities and capabilities for adapting, reacting, and supporting change – building Reaktor to hold up in a fast-paced environment while ensuring the well-being of our people.
While working at Reaktor, we’ll provide you with:
- To be able to impact how you work. Together with the client, your team chooses the approach, technologies, and methodologies you think will work best in any given situation.
- A community with as much support as your heart desires.
- A team that’s not only experienced but considerate as well – they all want you to succeed.
- A sustainable work-life balance and support for your daily life outside of work.
- An opportunity to grow as a professional. In addition to the day-to-day work, we offer internal training courses, community events, and 15-minute coffee breaks to discuss hot topics in tech and design.
- A possibility to take part in more extended academy-like studies like Cloud Academy.
- 300+ hobby clubs, from winter swimming and running to knitting and archery, that bring people together outside of (and sometimes inside) office hours. Many of these are supported by Reaktor.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion
Together, we are committed to making Reaktor an environment that embraces and values all of our employees for the whole of who they are. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply, knowing that studies show that members of underrepresented communities don’t apply for jobs unless they fully satisfy all of the requirements. If you're thinking twice about applying for this reason, we invite you to send us your application anyway. You could be just the person we're looking for.
Read more about our DEI work here.
Interested? Drop us a line – We'll be happy to hear from you!
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄