Full Stack Developer
Reaktor (View all Jobs)
1. Discussion 2. Work samples from previous projects (work or hobby) 3. Take-home exercise if needed for further info
Programming Languages Mentioned
Full Stack Developer
Our award-winning tech community is looking for full-stack developers to join us in Tampere.
If you are in your element with a full software development cycle, have a passion for solving human problems with a holistic approach, and are curious to experience working in a low-hierarchy environment, you might just be what we're looking for.
As a full-stack developer at Reaktor, your job is to
Be an expert in a range of software development responsibilities spanning the entire software development lifecycle, from front-end to production
Your daily tasks include:
- Working together with the client’s tech and business teams and helping them to pick the right technologies suitable for their needs.
- Implementing new features that require changes to frontend applications, backend servers, and/or databases, even on infrastructure.
- Delivering the client and the team with a world-class technical expertise.
- Other software development-related tasks, such as debugging, designing, and participating in creating the architecture.
A curious-minded developer who is comfortable working on both the backend and frontend of an app and understands the role of infrastructure in everyday tasks.
To thrive in this position, you’ll need:
- Experience in a broad range of software development modalities (backend, frontend, ops, and consulting skills).
- We don’t have a hard limit with years of experience, but we’ve noticed that these competencies usually take several years to accumulate.
- Relevant skills to create new backend services and build CI/CD pipelines when the project requires.
- Foundational knowledge in DevOps, including Continuous Integration (CI), automated deployment, and test automation
- Know-how on databases (e.g., PostgreSQL).
- To be comfortable engaging with the client stakeholders when needed.
- Fluent verbal & written English skills.
Why join us?
For two decades, we’ve been developing qualities and capabilities for adapting, reacting, and supporting change – building Reaktor to hold up in a fast-paced environment while ensuring the well-being of our people.
While working at Reaktor, we’ll provide you with:
- To be able to impact how you work. Together with the client, your team chooses the approach, technologies, and methodologies you think will work best in any given situation.
- A community with as much support as your heart desires.
- A team that’s not only experienced but considerate as well – they all want you to succeed.
- A sustainable work-life balance and support for your daily life outside of work. (e.g., free moving day, Reaktor car share, sick child care services, office space to use for your private events, etc.).
- An opportunity to grow as a professional. In addition to the day-to-day work, we offer internal training courses, community events, and 15-minute coffee breaks to discuss hot topics in tech and design.
- A possibility to take part in more extended academy-like studies like Cloud Academy.
- 300+ hobby clubs, from winter swimming and running to knitting and archery, that bring people together outside of (and sometimes inside) office hours. Many of these are supported by Reaktor.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion
Together, we are committed to making Reaktor an environment that embraces and values all of our employees for the whole of who they are. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply, knowing that studies show that members of underrepresented communities don’t apply for jobs unless they fully satisfy all of the requirements. If you're thinking twice about applying for this reason, we invite you to send us your application anyway. You could be just the person we're looking for.
Read more about our DEI work here.
Interested? Drop us a line via the form below. We'll be happy to hear from you!
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄