Market Manager (Florida)
Weedmaps (View all Jobs)
1. Phone screen 2. Group interview 3. Possible code review
Market Manager (Florida)
The Market Manager is an expert and advocate in the assigned multi-state region who is passionate, connected, knowledgeable and pioneering. This role focuses on growing the WM marketplace through a variety of in person touch points that include effective sales support activities, regional event & marketing partnerships and reinforces the brand’s authenticity as a category leader. The Market Manager leads the market through authentic, meaningful and impactful programming.
The impact you'll make:
- Manage specific regional territories to achieve marketing goals & objectives.
- Grow WM customer base by increasing full funnel customer acquisitions.
- Coordinate regular account visits with the revenue team, dispensary clients and brand clients to facilitate “retail appreciation days”.
- Enhance client relationships through meaningful engagement and support activities.
- Manage existing relationships and engage new potential customers.
- Execute culturally relevant strategies & programs that support WM clients, customers and the industry.
- Liaises with the Weedmaps Cultural and Events department to suggest locally relevant activations.
- Executes programming within an allocated marketing budget.
- Understands regional marketing plans and tailoring them to maximize field market spend.
- Works with & leads key stakeholders in developing and executing campaigns, partnerships and events within their market.
- Develops strategic partnerships with culturally relevant partners.
- Evaluates partnerships, events, campaign and marketing strategies’ return on investments (ROI).
- Supports overall revenue and marketing team goals and programs.
- Drives Weedmaps collaborative strategic partnership programs within the multiple categories, i.e., Entertainment, Fashion, Cause, Creative, Sports worlds.
- Manages all aspects of event production including: agreement negotiation and execution, planning and project management, budgeting and invoicing, internal coordination with cross functional teams, vendor negotiation and management, risk assessment, logistics (permitting, shipping, ROS, load-in/out, set-up/strike-down, merchandising, staff management), pre and post event reporting.
- Drive company owned vehicle for business events.
- Meet or exceed regional OKRs/KPIs that contribute to overall marketplace health.
- Inspires the team to achieve their potential by providing a clear vision, goals, and actionable feedback
- Effectively manage stakeholders to achieve regional market OKRs.
- Ensures all stakeholders are trained and execute to company standards.
What you've accomplished:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communication or other related field.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in marketing or other related management role; minimum of 12 years of experience if candidate does not have a degree.
- Knowledgeable of cannabis marketing best practices
- Professional, philanthropic, and/or community experience in the cannabis industry
- Experience with marketing tools and software
- Experience working in the technology industry
- Ability to interact with people of all different levels and backgrounds in a team environment
- Excellent organization and communication
- Leadership, problem solving, and networking skills
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Ability to travel up to 80%
The base pay range for this position is $85,000.00 to $100,000.00 per year
2024 Benefits for Full Time, Regular Employees:
- Physical Health benefits: Medical, Dental & Vision:
- Employee - employer paid premium 100%
- Company contribution to a HSA when electing the High Deductible Health Plan
- For plans that offer coverage to your dependents, you pay a small contribution
- Mental Health benefits:
- Free access to CALM app for employees and dependents
- Employee Training
- Mental Health seminars and Q&A sessions
- Basic Life & AD&D - employer paid 1x salary up to $250,000
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (with employer match contribution)
- Generous PTO, Paid Sick Leave, and Company Holidays
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings - including a company contribution
- FSA (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life and AD&D Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Family planning/fertility
- Identity theft protection
- Legal access to a network of attorneys
- Paid parental leave
Why Work at Weedmaps?
- You get to work at the leading technology company in the cannabis industry
- You get to play a meaningful role in helping to advance cannabis causes, including helping improve the lives of patients who rely on the benefits of cannabis
- You get an opportunity to shape the future of the cannabis industry
- You get to work on challenging issues in a collaborative environment that encourages you to do your best
- You get to work in a casual and fun environment; no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Generous PTO and company holidays
- Numerous opportunities and tools to learn and grow your professional skills
- Endless opportunities to network and connect with other Weedmappers through speaker series, Employee Resource Groups, happy hours, team celebrations, game nights, and much more!
Weedmaps is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. The Company prohibits unlawful discrimination against employees or applicants based on race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion and religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, military status, veteran status, uniformed service member status, sexual orientation, transgender identity, citizenship status, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants are entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state/local laws, unless the accommodation presents undue hardship. Please email us at peopleoperations at weedmaps.com if you would like to confidentially discuss a potential accommodation during the interview process.
WM Technology, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: MAPS) mission is to power a transparent and inclusive global cannabis economy. Now in its second decade, WM Technology has been a driving force behind much of the legislative change we’ve seen in the past 10 years.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology, is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Business’ tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
WM Technology holds a strong belief in the power of cannabis and the importance of enabling safe, legal access to consumers worldwide. Since inception, WM Technology has worked tirelessly, not only to become the most comprehensive platform for consumers, but to build the software solutions that power businesses compliantly in the space, to advocate for legalization, social equity, and licensing in many jurisdictions, and to facilitate further learning through partnering with subject matter experts on providing detailed, accurate information about the plant.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, WM Technology supports remote work for all eligible employees. Visit us at www.weedmaps.com.
Notice to prospective Weedmaps job applicants:
Our team has been made aware of incidents involving LinkedIn, Telegram, and Facebook accounts impersonating Weedmaps recruiters. These individuals are attempting to use our company name to solicit payment from prospective candidates interested in applying for jobs at our company. Our team is actively working to combat these attempts, but in the meantime, please be mindful of the following:
- Our recruiters will always communicate with candidates through an @weedmaps.com email address.
- CORRECT: email@example.com
- INCORRECT: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our recruiters will NEVER ask for or attempt to solicit payment from applicants in order to apply, interview, or work for Weedmaps.
- If you are interested in a role at Weedmaps, please apply through our established channels.
If you are unsure if a communication is legitimate, please contact our recruitment team at email@example.com and they will happily confirm for you. Thank you for your vigilance and we appreciate your interest in working with us!
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄