Site Reliability Engineer III, Enablement
Calendly (View all Jobs)
1. 45 min chat with engineering director 2. Take-home assignment 3. All day technical & cultural fit interview. Tech assessments include system design, extension of the takehome assignment, and bug fix pairing.
Programming Languages Mentioned
About the team & opportunity
What’s so great about working on Calendly’s Engineering team?
We make things possible for our customers through impactful innovation.
As a Site Reliability Engineer on the Engineering Enablement squad at Calendly, you will have the opportunity to help transform the Software Engineering culture by enabling and empowering Developers to focus, iterate quickly, ship often and innovate. Each member of the team has the ability to impact all aspects of the software engineering experience from onboarding, to local development, to testing, integrating and deploying exciting and impactful features. In this role, you can expect to work autonomously and problem solve independently, as well as pair program and work with multi-functional teams with the priority of creating a great experience for our internal developers.
A day in the life of a Site Reliability Engineer III, Enablement at Calendly
Calendly is built using a service-oriented architecture and an automated continuous delivery system in order to efficiently deliver our product solutions. You will write well tested software, tooling and automation and develop creative solutions to challenging problems. You will also learn to be comfortable working in multiple technologies such as Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Argo Workflows, Ruby on Rails, React, Golang, PostgreSQL, Redis, and more.
When you join Calendly, you get the opportunity to deliver on a product used by millions, known for its best-in-class quality. Help us continue to deliver critical features to our users with excellence.
On a typical day, you will be working on:
- Build tools and applications to extend and improve Calendly’s developer onboarding and software development processes
- Eliminate bottlenecks, improve collaboration, and provide an outstanding top-level development experience
- Accelerate team productivity via self-service tooling and templates
- Help define, facilitate and implement engineering standards like service oriented architecture, API-first development model and separation of concerns
- Foster a collaborative environment of learning and knowledge dissemination
- Strive for continuous improvement in all aspects of software delivery
- Participate in stand-ups, design reviews, story-writing and retrospectives
What do we need from you?
- Strong software development experience (particularly Python or Golang), especially writing software to compose pipelines and deployments, and manage workloads and infrastructure
- Proven experience configuring, managing and extending CI/CD pipelines, platforms and systems
- Strong technical knowledge of cloud infrastructure (especially GCP or AWS), distributed systems, and reliability practices
- A creative problem solver, have a keen eye for detail and can think your way through sophisticated issues
- An eagerness to learn and an interest in sharing your knowledge with others
- Comfortable working directly with internal facing customers to understand needs/requirements and collaborate on solutions
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
Nice to have:
- Experience orchestrating and running workloads on Kubernetes and other cloud native technologies in production environments
- Exposure to or understanding of Ruby on Rails development, its framework and paradigms
- Knowledge of contract testing, integration testing and automated testing
What’s in it for you?
Ready to make a serious impact? Millions of people already rely on Calendly’s products, and we’re still in the midst of our growth curve — it’s a fantastic time to join us. Everything you’ll work on here will accelerate your career to the next level. If you want to learn, grow, and do the best work of your life alongside the best people you’ve ever worked with, then we hope you’ll consider allowing Calendly to be a part of your professional journey.
Our Hiring Process:
Applicants for this role can expect to follow the hiring process listed below. Please keep in mind that applicants can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a phone interview with a member of our recruiting team. This is a great time to ask any initial questions you have about the company or the role.
- Next, we’ll put you in direct contact with your potential future manager. You’ll get a chance to learn even more about life at Calendly, the responsibilities attached to your role, and the qualities needed to succeed here.
- Then, we will send a take home test where you can highlight your skills.
- Next, or in parallel, you’ll meet with your potential future team members.
- Finally, we reach out to those you’ve worked with before, to learn more about the impact you can make, the value you bring, and the best way to set you up for success at Calendly.
We aim to provide an inclusive and equitable candidate experience to everyone who expresses interest in working at Calendly. The recruiter assigned to this role will keep you informed every step of the way. Have questions? Let your recruiter know! Want to share your experience? We are passionately committed to improving and building on our process, and we consider feedback a gift.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the application or recruiting process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are located in Hawaii, Iowa, Montana, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, West Virginia, and Rhode Island, you will not be eligible for employment. Note that all individual roles will specify location eligibility.
All candidates can find our Candidate Privacy Statement here
Candidates residing in California may visit our Notice at Collection for California Candidates here: Notice at Collection
Compensation is based on a variety of factors including but not limited to location, experience, and job-related skills. In addition, Calendly offers a wide range of best in class total rewards. This includes comprehensive employee benefits like healthcare, dental, vision, parental leave, 401(k) match, paid time off, and much more. At Calendly we believe exceptional performance deserves exceptional rewards! During the hiring process, we are committed to sharing details about the compensation range for the position, enabling you to make an informed decision.
Please note that the compensation details listed in role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus/commission, equity, or benefits.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄