Senior Security Engineer (Threat Detection and Response)
Gemini (View all Jobs)
1. Phone chat 2. Take-home project 3. Discussion on-site. Questions on prior experiences and culture fit
Programming Languages Mentioned
About the Company
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Tyler Winklevoss and Cameron Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Our flagship product, the Gemini Exchange, was built to be a compliant and secure platform to buy, sell, and store crypto. Our suite of retail products includes ActiveTrader, a high-performance platform for advanced traders. Gemini also offers the Gemini Credit Card providing real-time crypto rewards, the Gemini dollar (GUSD), a U.S. dollar-backed stablecoin, and Gemini Staking, allowing users to securely stake their tokens on-chain and receive rewards. Nifty Gateway, Gemini's NFT platform, is the world's premier marketplace for NFTs and digital art.
Gemini customers also have access to a wide range of institutional products tailor-made for high-net-worth individuals, asset and wealth managers, and hedge funds and liquidity providers seeking exposure to crypto. Customers looking to place large orders can use Gemini eOTC, a fully-electronic over-the-counter trading platform built for high-value bulk orders. For wealth management professionals, we offer a unique destination for their clients’ crypto portfolios from a single platform, and we enable fully electronic clearing and settlement of off-exchange crypto trades.
The Department: Information Security
In the emerging industry of digital assets, there is nothing more important than trust (which is why Gemini’s very first hires were Security experts). The Gemini Security team forms the backbone of all that we do and is as diverse as the number of challenges we tackle in the crypto space.
From security architecture and engineering to maintenance of cold storage systems and data centers to cybersecurity and litigation support, our team ensures that our customers, clients, and employees are safe, secure, and supported.
The Role: Senior Security Engineer (Threat Detection and Response)
Gemini is looking for a Senior Security Engineer, Threat Detection and Response to join our growing information security team as a founding member of our new India location.
In this role, you will be part of the team responsible for designing, building, and automating detection, response and intelligence gathering solutions, developing unique and creative detection mechanisms, monitoring security events, and leading responses to any security incidents.
- Own individual security solutions throughout their lifecycle, including design, development, and deployment, in order to continuously improve Gemini’s ability to detect and respond to advanced, targeted threats
- Develop and improve processes and tools that supports the team rapidly iterating and responding to threats Gemini faces
- Engage in incident response and investigation efforts
- Analyze technical threat data to extract TTPs, malware techniques, and adversary methods
- Create and enhance countermeasures and detections for malware, attacker techniques, threat actor methodology, and suspicious events associated with intelligence obtained by the Gemini Team
- Produce well documented, resilient and manageable code that supports the streamlining and automation of the above
- Provide mentorship and guidance to junior engineers on the team in their growth and implementation of the above
- Significant DFIR/Threat Detection and Response experience
- Scripting proficiency in a common programming language (e.g. Python, Go)
- Hands-on familiarity with CI/CD, infrastructure as code, and microservices
- Aptitude in the use of containerization technologies (eg. Docker)
- Experience in the design and implementation of detection signatures spanning multiple security log sources (Splunk, EDR, etc.)
- Able to troubleshoot and debug issues, and demonstrate a methodical approach to root cause analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with leadership, engineers, vendors and peers
- Familiarity in the use of container orchestration systems (e.g. Kubernetes)
- Experience applying CI/CD concepts to the development and deployment of security detection mechanisms and tools
- Understanding of ETL and Workflow engines (e.g. Argo Workflows, Airflow)
- Experience in host and memory forensics (including live response) for Windows, OSX, and / or Linux
- Experience with the analysis of new log and data sources and methodically incorporating them into a detection pipeline
- Practical experience applying analysis frameworks (e.g Kill Chain, ATT&CK, etc)
- Experience in automating any of the above using existing APIs and tools
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary annual bonus
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄