Site Reliability Engineer
Rocket Travel (View all Jobs)
Chicago, IL USA
1. Pair programming 2. Take home project (2-4 hours) 3. 3-4 hour final interview with mix of high level technical, product, and cultural/behavioral sessions.
Programming Languages Mentioned
About the Role
Rocket Travel is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join our rapidly growing global workforce.
In this position, you will be a member of Rocket Travel’s systems team. The systems team builds, maintains, and supports our cloud infrastructure through collaboration with our engineering and data science teams.
This position will be based out of the US. The systems team is mostly remote with occasional trips to Chicago to collaborate with the team.
Rocket Travel is a place where you:
- Work with a group of intrinsically motivated people with a track record for building successful new businesses from scratch.
- Embody curiosity, community, and accountability. We live and build products by these values every day.
- Own decisions and take action that can be implemented in a matter of days (or hours).
- Get inspired and encouraged to vacation faster, with an annual vacation stipend.
- Receive a competitive compensation package, including bonus, 401k with match, flexible vacation time, maternity and paternity benefits, health, and dental insurance.
- Total Compensation is based on experience - Salary: The starting point for this role is a base of $109,000 Bonus: up to 19%
- Can have the option to work remotely. Though we have great offices in Chicago’s West Loop and in NYC’s Empire State building which you are welcome to use, our current team is fully remote so we’re async/remote first
- Share your passion for travel with equally adventurous teammates.
- Work within the largest online travel company in the world. Rocket Travel creates B2C and B2B2C travel products and is part of Booking Holdings (BKNG). We have many worldwide partners and a diversified business. Despite the world’s current situation, Booking Holdings has been rated the healthiest company in travel, and Rocket itself is already seeing travel demand surpass pre-pandemic levels
As a Site Reliability Engineer at Rocket Travel, you will:
- Expand infrastructure-as-code coverage and automate infrastructure deployment
- Implement cross-product pipeline code to solve common CI/CD issues
- Expand and maintain shared tooling for CI/CD pipelines, application monitoring, and analytics
- Triage structural security issues and design automation to enforce compliance
- Evaluate existing and future cloud architecture, including AWS and SaaS services
- Create and maintain scripts and pipelines using common languages such as Python, Bash, and Groovy
- Assist in the integration of the AWS ecosystem and Agoda’s private cloud
The tech stack you’ll help manage:
- Architecture that is AWS-hosted, and hosted on Agoda’s private cloud.
- Infrastructure implemented in Terraform where appropriate
- GitHub and Gitlab for code management and Jenkins and Gitlab for CI/CD
- Web applications and services written in JVM languages (Java, Groovy, and Kotlin), with front-ends written in React, containerized in Docker
- Third party SaaS products such as DataDog, Grafana, Cloudflare, and a variety of AWS-hosted services
- At least 2 years production experience managing public cloud infrastructure
- Knowledge of Linux systems administration and troubleshooting
- Experience with building and running Docker containers and managing with Kubernetes
- Knowledge of DNS, HTTP routing/proxying and load balancing
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to non-engineers
- Familiarity with security best practices within application and AWS contexts
- Pragmatic approaches to evaluating technology that balances quality and effort
- Experience administering and tuning application stacks
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines (proficiency with Jenkins is a plus)
- Customer-oriented mindset to serving development teams
- Interest in tackling large technical projects & problems, learning deeply about new technologies, and sharing skills & knowledge with other engineers
About Rocket Travel by Agoda
Rocket Travel by Agoda is a travel technology company founded in 2012 under our flagship consumer facing product, rocketmiles.com. Since then, we have evolved to partner with some of the largest consumer travel brands in the world creating white-label solutions that allow customers to earn and redeem miles and points for booking hotels, rental cars, flights and activities. Our global partnerships range from world-class airlines to international banks to large-scale shopping platforms. We help our partners develop successful go-to-market strategies through marketing expertise and data to support their overall growth.
We attract customers from every corner of the globe with a seamless user experience that's built in-house from ideation to finished product: our team includes front- and back-end developers, customer service, data analysts, designers, marketers, accountants, partnership sales, and managers.
Rocket Travel by Agoda is dedicated to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where everyone has the opportunity to reach new heights in their career, and expand their knowledge working alongside talented, dedicated colleagues. We encourage all applicants with a touch of wanderlust to apply to our team, as we work toward helping our travelers reach the vacation of their dreams.
Note on general employment requirements
Candidates should be authorized to accept employment in the US from any employer, should be willing to start within three weeks of accepting an offer, and should be able to work the same daily working hours as our Chicago office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
A Final Word:
To all recruitment agencies: Rocket Travel by Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, employees or any other organization location. Rocket Travel by Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄