Principal Scientist, Applications Development
Quantum-Si (View all Jobs)
Branford, Connecticut, United States
1. Interview with one of our hiring managers to get to know more about you and the role. 2. High level tech discussion with software engineer. 3. Technical interview with software engineer featuring front-end/back-end challenge (depending on role). 4. Systems Design interview
We are seeking a talented Principal Scientist in Applications Development with a focus on proteomics to play a pivotal role in advancing our technology. You will be responsible for developing innovative methods for the preparation of peptides and proteins from a diverse range of sample inputs to be sequenced on our single molecule sequencing platform. This is an individual contributor role with the opportunity to build and lead a team of experts in sample preparation and application development, further enhancing the capabilities and impact of our platform.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Develop and implement innovative techniques for the preparation of peptide libraries from the digestion of proteins isolated from a diverse set of sample inputs.
- Contribute to the design, development, and optimization of surface chemistry and bioconjugation methods for immobilizing peptides on a semiconductor chip for single molecule protein sequencing.
- Utilize a range of techniques, including chemical synthesis, spectroscopy, and molecular biology, to prepare proteins and peptides from different samples for sequencing
- Optimize existing and develop new protein library preparation methods to ensure reproducibility, robustness, and scalability.
- Analyze complex scientific data using statistical methods and software tools to make data-driven decisions, continually enhancing protocols and system performance.
- Maintain meticulous records of experiments, procedures, and results in full compliance with company standards, ensuring traceability and accuracy.
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Chemistry, Chemical Biology, or related field.
- 10+ years working in proteomics on protein extraction, separation, purification, and analysis techniques.
- Proficiency in a wide range of sample preparation techniques, including protein digestion, extraction, and fractionation. Experience working with different sample types, such as cell lysates, tissues, serum, and plasma.
- Experience with various proteomic methods, such as 2D gel electrophoresis, liquid chromatography, and gel-free techniques.
- Proven expertise in chemical synthesis, molecular biology, and bioanalytical techniques.
- Strong analytical aptitude with expertise in data interpretation and statistical analysis.
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to be flexible and move to different projects.
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Experience with mass spectrometry instrumentation and techniques used in proteomics, such as LC-MS/MS, MALDI-TOF, and other relevant mass spectrometry platforms.
- Developing protocols and assays for single molecule detection.
- Experience using statistical analysis software.
The estimated base salary range for this role based in the United States of America is: $ 170,000- $200,000. Compensation decisions are dependent on several factors including, but not limited to, level of the position, an individual’s skills, knowledge and abilities, location where the role is to be performed, internal equity, and alignment with market data. Additionally, all full-time employees are eligible for our discretionary bonus program and equity as part of the compensation package.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄