Software Engineer, Instrument Control
Quantum-Si (View all Jobs)
San Diego, CA
1. Interview with one of our hiring managers to get to know more about you and the role. 2. High level tech discussion with software engineer. 3. Technical interview with software engineer featuring front-end/back-end challenge (depending on role). 4. Systems Design interview
$150,000 - $185,000. C
Programming Languages Mentioned
Python, C++, C#
We are looking for an experienced and ambitious instrument control software engineer to join our instrument software team. We are developing research instruments that perform high speed data acquisition utilizing our proprietary CMOS sensor technology. Our software is at the intersection of control systems, high speed data acquisition, hardware communication interfaces, and Linux driver and user space applications. This complex system requires experienced software engineers to maintain and improve on existing code, as well as enable us to scale up beyond an order of magnitude over the existing system throughput with our upcoming instruments.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Develop and improve control system software for the instrument opto-mechanical, CMOS sensor, and thermal subsystems.
- Data acquisition, motion control, signal processing, data analysis, automated workflow development, and user interface development on a complex scientific instrument
- Collaborate with systems integration and engineering teams to define and implement new instrument functionality.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Electrical Engineering or related discipline and 5+ years of industry experience
- Experience with control systems for complex instrumentation
- Opto-mechanical control system design and implementation
- Signal processing methods for use in control systems
- On-instrument measurements and calibration
- Experience with real-time data acquisition and signal processing in C/C++
- Experience designing & writing APIs for custom hardware.
- Experience writing diagnostic software for critical instrument functions.
- Skilled in C/C++ in a multi-threaded Linux environment
- Python experience
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- PCIe and USB communications and drivers
- Familiar with PCIe DMA driver interfaces and kernel modules on Linux
- Microprocessor development experience
- Window C/C# experience
The estimated base salary range for this role based in the United States of America is: $150,000 - $185,000. Compensation decisions are dependent on several factors including, but not limited to, level of the position, an individual’s skills, knowledge and abilities, location where the role is to be performed, internal equity, and alignment with market data. Additionally, all full-time employees are eligible for our discretionary bonus program and equity as part of the compensation package.
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄