TechOps Support Lead
Monzo (View all Jobs)
1. Phone interview 2. Take-home, & call to discuss it 3. 2-3 hours of on-site interviews (systems/behavioural)
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
We are seeking a hands on, dynamic and experienced Tech Support Lead to join our growing team in the London office. As a Tech Support Lead at Monzo, you will play a crucial role in ensuring our Monzonauts have an exceptional experience with the technology they use. You will lead and manage the Tech Support team, developing and implementing strategies to provide fast, responsive, and innovative support. This role involves collaboration with cross-functional teams, strategic planning, and continuous improvement initiatives.
As the Tech Support Lead within the broader TechOps team, your primary responsibility is to ensure that every member at Monzo is well equipped with the necessary tools to do their best work. Additionally, you'll play a crucial role in providing support and service excellence for situations where things don’t quite work as they should.
- Lead and manage the TechOps support team to provide service excellence.
- Develop and implement a strategic model and workflow design for support, ensuring innovation, personalisation, and scalability
- Coordinate daily focus and balance across the team based on support queues and demand
- Ensure the team implements and follows best practices within our operations
- Establish strong relationships with other functional teams across Monzo to gain better understanding and support
- Monitor, manage, and share performance levels for the team
- Manage and reconcile tech spend for our hardware & software
- Ensure asset management and purchasing processes are slick, providing maximum value and utilisation
- Review and improved processes for efficiency and compliance
- Work with Security leadership to assess support needs for new services/demands into the team
- Create and manage career paths and skill development within the support team
- Conduct retrospective and wellbeing session for continuous improvement
Major incident management
- Take a lead role in major incidents/problems, coordinating tasks, communication, and resolution
- A technically savvy person to be hands on and support the team with escalations and the day to day
You should apply if:
In order to be a real success in this role, we’d expect you to fit the following criteria:
- Proven track record in leading support roles.
- Demonstrated ability to manage significant technical changes.
- Proficient in budget management and oversight of 3rd party suppliers.
- Adaptable to efficiently prioritise workload in a dynamic environment.
- Effective presentation of technical information to diverse audiences.
- Committed to fostering an inclusive support environment.
- Clear communication of technical solutions to individuals with varying expertise.
- Strong skills in configuration, troubleshooting, and diagnostics.
In addition to the above, any of the following skills would be helpful in this role. None of these are a requirement and if you don’t think any of them apply to you don't worry - they are just some of the things you might learn if you are successful:
- Proficient in managing macOS, Windows, and ChromeOS.
- Experienced in Google Workspace and Slack administration.
- Familiar with finance tech processes and tools.
- Demonstrated expertise in building and scaling support teams.
- Well-versed in ITIL and Service Management methodology.
- Previous experience with Service Management/Help Desk software.
The Interview Process:
Our interview process consists of two main stages:
- 30 minute Recruiter call
- Take home task
- 2 hours of technical and cultural interviews
Our average process takes around 3-4 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s in it for you:
💰 £65,000 - £75,000 ➕ plus stock options & benefits
📍This role is based in our London office. As you'll be supporting our teams onsite this isn't a remote position.
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕And much more, see our full list of benefits here
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2023 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄