Senior Fullstack Engineer
UserTesting (View all Jobs)
Barcelona - Remote
1. Initial interview 2. Pair programming 3. Offer
Programming Languages Mentioned
We’re UserTesting, a leader in experience research and insights; we believe the path to human understanding and great experiences start with a shared understanding—seeing and hearing how another person engages with the world around them and taking in their perspective. Working at UserTesting, you will be empowered to help organizations discover the human side of business–transforming how they work, collaborate, innovate, and bring new products and experiences to market. This is what inspires us, and it’s how we enable companies to connect with their audiences naturally and organically through an experience that is uniquely, and intentionally human.
A trusted company by top brands for 15+ years, UserTesting, recently merged with UserZoom, has over 3,400 customers in 50 countries, including 75 of the Fortune 100 companies. Joining our team means being part of a passionate group focused on transforming how companies learn from and understand their customers. Come join us and help us build the engine for human understanding.
As part of the Engineering Team, you will have a great opportunity to contribute to building on our SaaS platform. Working alongside our global team you will be responsible for creating something truly amazing - the Human Insights industry is an exciting place to be right now. As UserTesting grows, so does our focus on your career and personal development. And more importantly, the team here at UserTesting is both supportive and welcoming of new team members, with plenty of social events (if you like to get involved).
Your duties and responsibilities:
- Daily analyzing and designing reliable & scalable Engineering solutions.
- Collaborating with the Team to bring solid software to production.
- Being a critical referent for the architecture under work, able to defend & discuss proposals with managers and teammates.
- Providing technical context and finding key points to boost the best decisions.
- Bringing fresh views on Frontend, Backend and Software strategies.
- Communicating and documenting solutions, so they can optimally go through building phases.
- Design scalable & maintainable solutions to absorb the significant usage growth we are facing.
- Being an active player while building, able to take and/or clarify the most difficult aspects.
- Enforcing best practices, advocating for clean code and helping others succeed through Engineering review processes.
The Engineering team is an integral part of our organization, with members spanning many global locations. We are committed to build effective solutions, deliver for impact, always learn, and iteratively shape the Product to transform the business, while growing a state-of-the-art SaaS platform in a scalable and reliable way.
What we are looking for
- You have strong technical skills and solid conceptual foundations.
- Experience with Node.js and/or Typescript.
- You love Distributed Software, Cloud solutions, Microservices & Serverless Architectures.
- You are committed to building highly reliable & scalable systems.
- You are eager to learn, screen those learnings and apply the best suited for a bounded context.
- You have experience in discussing, spiking & benchmarking Engineering solutions.
- You speak fluent English.
- Familiarity with Reactive & Domain Driven Architectures.
- Demonstrates UserTesting’s values through work product and within day to day team interactions.
What we offer
To learn more about our team, culture, and customers, check out our careers page, company blog, and press/awards. Aside from a great work environment and the opportunity to make an impact, we’re also growing the team quickly–join us!
At UserTesting, we are committed to providing more inclusive and accessible experiences for our candidates. We pride ourselves on building empathy; diverse perspectives, which we believe are the key values to creating exceptional experiences for everyone. Our commitment to providing accessible experiences is driven by this belief and our core values. If you require any accommodations or have any specific requests about how we could tailor our interview process to better suit your needs please contact us on: email@example.com. If you need to speak to someone please ask!
UserTesting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
UserTesting will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, as applicable.
We welcome candidates with physical, mental, and/or neurological disabilities. If you require assistance applying for an open position, or need accommodation during the recruiting process due to a disability, please submit a request to People Operations by emailing askPeopleOps@usertesting.com.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄