Senior Data Scientist
Mozilla (View all Jobs)
1. Deep-dive discussions on technical and mentorship problems solved in the past. No live coding. Total of 3 rounds.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Mozilla Corporation is the non-profit-backed technology company that has shaped the internet for the better over the last 25 years. We make pioneering brands like Firefox, the privacy-minded web browser, and Pocket, a service for keeping up with the best content online. Now, with more than 225 million people around the world using our products each month, we’re shaping the next 25 years of technology. Our work focuses on diverse areas including AI, social media, security and more. And we’re doing this while never losing our focus on our core mission – to make the internet better for everyone.
The Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the non-profit 501(c) Mozilla Foundation. This means we aren’t beholden to any shareholders — only to our mission. Along with 60,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozillians design, build and distribute open-source software that enables people to enjoy the internet on their terms.
About this team and role:
As a Data Scientist within the Data Org, you will work with a group of data people as well as part of a cross-functional team that is responsible for understanding and empowering the future of Mozilla. The Data Science team sits at the intersection of product, engineering, finance, business development, marketing, and leadership. We collaborate closely with these partners to create impactful data products.
What you’ll do:
- Apply a variety of statistical methods including causal inference to understand the intricate ecosystem of our users, products, partners, revenue against our large scale data.
- Design experiments to support product developing features, and develop statistically sound models to measure impact. Collaborate with other data scientists to develop and operationalize consistent approaches to experimentation measurement.
- Apply certain engineering skills to support data collection, build key data assets to empower operational and exploratory analysis.
- Generate data-informed insights and communicate these data stories to colleagues to influence decision making across Mozilla.
- Contribute to the data team through mentorship, technical methods, analytical frameworks, and improvements in how we work.
What you’ll bring:
- You lead with empathy. You value teamwork and teammates. You are invested in knowledge sharing and learning from others. You contribute positively and meaningfully to cultivate an inclusive and equitable team culture.
- You have a background in quantitative analysis knowing how to analyze, visualize, and interpret data and have 3+ years of experience applying these skills in an industry setting. You have used forecasting or other predictive methods on large scale data. Working on machine learning in production is a plus.
- You have experience in SQL or SQL-like environments, scripting languages such as Python, and business intelligence tools like Looker, and desire to gain further technical experience on the job.
- You take stakeholder needs into account, bridging methodology and data into meaningful strategy from your analyses. You are a communicator who crafts impactful data narratives that inform company decisions around product, business, and finance.
- You consider contributing to a collaborative and open team culture an important responsibility.
- Commitment to our values:
- Welcoming differences
- Being relationship-minded
- Practicing responsible participation
- Having grit
What you’ll get:
- Generous performance-based bonus plans to all eligible employees - we share in our success as one team
- Rich medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous retirement contributions with 100% immediate vesting (regardless of whether you contribute)
- Quarterly all-company wellness days where everyone takes a pause together
- Country specific holidays plus a day off for your birthday
- One-time home office stipend
- Annual professional development budget
- Quarterly well-being stipend
- Considerable paid parental leave
- Employee referral bonus program
- Other benefits (life/AD&D, disability, EAP, etc. - varies by country)
When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online. We’re not a normal tech company. The things we create prioritize people and their privacy over profits. We exist to make the internet a healthier, happier place for everyone
Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
Mozilla believes in the value of diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge, and knows diversity, equity and inclusion are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R2397
To learn more about our Hiring Range System, please click this link.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄