Principal Solutions Architect
GitLab (View all Jobs)
Remote, North America
1. A series of video calls 2. Coding exercise involving working on a Merge Request that is like a real work task
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
We are currently a hiring a Principal Solutions Architect for our Enterprise team supporting the West region of North America. Solutions Architects are the trusted advisors to GitLab prospects and clients, showing how the GitLab solutions address client business requirements. They are responsible for driving and managing the technology evaluation and validation stages of the sales process and are the product advocates for GitLab’s Enterprise Edition. They focus on the technical solution while also understanding the business outcomes the customer is trying to achieve.
What you'll do
- Create and maintain relationships with customer executives that contribute to large Net ARR deals and customer success.
- Facilitate customer and partner strategy formulation that takes into account the customer or partner’s market, business processes, technology portfolio, culture and appetite for change.
- Identify and surface business generation motions within areas of personal subject matter expertise that intersect with GitLab targeted technology sectors.
- Build and maintain select subject matter expertise related to GitLab targeted technology sectors through industry monitoring and participation in external working groups, committees and development projects.
- Keep up to date on GitLab-relevant emerging methodologies and technologies and leverage that knowledge to drive solution strategy and influence product strategy.
- Collaborate with product marketing, engineering, and management on market strategy that results in an improved win rate.
- Use technical and market knowledge to create solutions and influence product to expand GitLabs revenue base - especially Total Addressable Market (TAM) and Launch Addressable Market (LAM).
- Exert influence on the overall objectives, key results, and other long-range measurable goals and strategies of the team.
- Create reference implementations for 3rd party integrations and effectively communicate the design and it’s value to customers, partners and GitLab team members.
- Service assistance requests by GitLab team members and/or Partners as a pre-sales and technical solutions authority for the top ARR clients and top Net ARR opportunities.
What you'll bring
- Experience with technical pre-sales or as a professional in the field of information technology
- Experience with cloud computing and related technologies and practices
- Significant experience with architecture of enterprise software development workflow
- Experience with software development tools, practices, and methodologies
- Strong verbal and written skills with a strong ability to articulate and communicate strategies to all levels in an organization
- Ability to use GitLab, including learning GitLab as part of the role
- Ability to travel and comply with the company’s travel policy
How GitLab will support you
- Benefits to support your health, finances, and well-being
- All remote, asynchronous work environment
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off)
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Equity Compensation & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Growth and development budget
- Parental leave
- Home office support
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with the SA team Manager.
- Candidates may be invited to schedule an interview with a Solutions Architect peer or other SA team Manager.
- Then, candidates will be required to deliver a demo of GitLab to a panel of Customer Success attendees using the Demo Guide.
- Candidates may be invited to additional interviews.
- Successful candidates will be made an offer after references are verified.
Please note that we welcome interest from candidates with varying levels of experience; many successful candidates do not meet every single requirement. Additionally, studies have shown that people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every single qualification. If you're excited about this role, please apply and allow our recruiters to assess your application.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄