Engineering Team Lead
Hinge (View all Jobs)
Vancouver, British Columbia
1. Hiring manager screen 2. Take-home project 3. Discussions via Zoom that include pair-programming to iterate on homework and culture-fit interview
Programming Languages Mentioned
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2003, Plenty of Fish is one of the early pioneers in the online dating industry, with one of the largest and most diverse communities of singles. We're one of the top revenue-driving brands in the Match Group (comprised of Tinder, OkCupid, Hinge and Match.com).
We love what we do, and have the ability to profoundly impact millions of people's lives every single day! Named one of BC’s Top Employers, Plenty of Fish is a great place to build friendships, grow your career and collaborate with top talent.
We work hybrid at Plenty of Fish - IRL in our downtown Vancouver office Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and work remotely the remainder of the week!
We are looking for an experienced hands-on Engineering Team Lead for our Monetization team at Plenty of Fish. The Monetization team plays a pivotal role in strategically optimizing revenue streams, elevating user experiences, and driving financial success. Through a combination of data-driven insights, collaborative efforts, and adaptability, the team is dedicated to continuous innovation and evolution in the dynamic landscape of online dating. In this role you will be responsible for delivering new product features, creating and maintaining systems, triaging issues, evaluating new technologies, and planning the strategic direction of the engineering team.
So, what will you do?
**We would love to hear from you, even if you don't match 100% of the requirements**
Why Plenty of Fish?
• We're recognized as one of BC's Top Employers 2023!
• Generous vacation, flex days, professional development days
• RRSP matching, and employee stock purchase plan
• Professional development budget and unlimited access to Udemy from day one
• Match Group mentorship program
• Parental leave top up and fertility preservation benefits
• Extended health & dental benefits from day one
• Corporate ClassPass membership and other wellness benefits
• And many more on our careers page
• Be Proud - We own our ship. We see challenges as opportunities and take action.
• Make Waves - We profoundly impact millions of peoples' lives, every day.
• Dive Deep - We empathize with our members and use data to surface thoughtful decisions.
• Crew Together - We're all working towards the same goals and win as a team.
Want To Dive Deeper?
We’re committed to creating an equal and inclusive environment; we welcome all crew (and prospective crew) members regardless of race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, conviction unrelated to employment, or any other prohibited ground of discrimination recognized by applicable law. Plenty of Fish is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄
Get weekly alerts of new jobs from companies not using whiteboard interviews!