Android Software Engineering Internship - Chicago
Fetch Rewards (View all Jobs)
1. Short take-home project 2. 50 min screening interview that includes discussion of project 3. 5 hr (w/ breaks) final interview that involves speaking with your future manager and a non-technical product manager, a real-world coding problem, and high-level and low-level system design problems.
Programming Languages Mentioned
What we’re building and why we’re building it.
There’s a reason Fetch is ranked top 10 in Shopping in the App Store. Every day, millions of people earn Fetch Points buying brands they love. From the grocery aisle to the drive-through, Fetch makes saving money fun. We’re more than just a build-first tech unicorn. We’re a revolutionary shopping platform where brands and consumers come together for a loyalty-driving, points-exploding, money-saving party.
Join a fast-growing, founder-led technology company that’s still only in its early innings. Ranked one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes two years in a row, Fetch is building a people-first culture rooted in trust and accountability. How do we do it? By empowering employees to think big, challenge ideas, and find new ways to bring the fun to Fetch. So what are you waiting for? Apply to join our rocketship today!
Fetch is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Fetch Summer Software Engineer internships are full-time (40 hours/week) for 12 consecutive weeks from May 20 to August 9, 2024. Applicants must have a minimum of one quarter/semester remaining in their undergraduate studies after their internship concludes to be considered. Candidates must be located in Illinois, Madison WI or Birmingham AL to proceed!
You will build and maintain a world class mobile application that works directly with our backend services and external partners. You’ll be working on a small, multi-functional team that may include other engineers, a designer, product manager, data scientist and other roles. Success in this role requires the ability to take on challenging problems and design & develop an amazing solution with the mentorship of an experienced team member.
This role will require you to be located in Chicago or Madison for the entire summer internship.
In your tool-bag:
- Either completed 1 Android course or have worked on a personal native project
- Developed software using Android SDK with Kotlin or Java.
- An understanding of functional or object-oriented programming
- Ability to learn quickly
- A desire to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Effective communication, including the ability to translate and explain technical issues to non-technical team members
- Test writing and quality assurance
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄