Specialist, Benefits Operations
Remote (View all Jobs)
1. Call with a recruiter (if needed) 2. Call with manager, code exercise, call with team.
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal impact in the global employment space joining our Benefits team as Benefits Operations Specialist.
Please note this is a 7 month contract for maternity leave cover.
What this job can offer you
- Provide delightful support to Employees and Clients re: Benefits in multiple areas
- Benefits plans key attributes, including pricing, coverage and claims
- Benefits plans enrolment / access, fruition and dis-enrolment
- Benefits invoicing / billing
- Benefits Remote platform
- Benefits vendors’ platforms
- Process and solve tickets and escalations in Zendesk / e-mail
- Execute with care and precision data relates tasks (preparation, entry, download etc.)
- Help define / detail and execute on Standard Operating Procedures
- Work closely and effectively within the Benefits team and with other Remote departments to analyse customers’ needs and deliver and appropriate solution
- To be able to provide analytical, administrative and technical support in maintaining the benefits programs to ensure smooth administration of plans and policies.
- Maintain the operations process documents and be able to find automation possibilities to streamline process
- Constantly research and systematically distill written knowledge in Notion
- Be able to go from “scout to scale” and actually start things up and get things done
- Be an internal and external champion of Remote's values and Benefits team's goals
What you bring
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in employee Benefits
- Obsessed to provide an excellent customer service experience
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- you constantly prioritize workloads
- you thrive to meet deadlines
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills to interact internally and externally at all levels
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task effectively
- You are a manager of one
- Proficient in Zendesk, Notion, Slack, Google suite; ability to learn other programs as required
- Writes and speaks fluent English
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus
- You'll report to: Benefits Manager
- Team: Benefits
- Location: Anywhere
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote's Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.
- Interview with hiring manager
- (async) Written Exercise
- Interview with Manager, Benefits Operations
- Interview with VP, Benefits
- Prior employment verification check
- work from anywhere
- unlimited personal time off (minimum 4 weeks)
- quarterly company-wide day off for self care
- flexible working hours (we are async)
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- mental health support services
- stock options
- learning budget
- home office budget & IT equipment
- budget for local in-person social events or co-working spaces
How you’ll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!
How to apply
- Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format.
- We kindly ask you to submit your application and CV in English, as this is the standardised language we use here at Remote.
- If you don’t have an up to date CV but you are still interested in talking to us, please feel free to add a copy of your LinkedIn profile instead.
We will ask you to voluntarily tell us your pronouns at interview stage, and you will have the option to answer our anonymous demographic questionnaire when you apply below. As an equal employment opportunity employer it’s important to us that our workforce reflects people of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences and this data will help us to stay accountable. We thank you for providing this data, if you chose to.
Need help? Email email@example.com
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄