Deal Pricing Strategist, APAC
Stripe (View all Jobs)
1. Programming/debugging phone screen 2. On-site with your own laptop/setup and full access to internet. Interviews include systems design, 45 min practical coding question, integrating an API exercise, debugging, and talking with hiring manager about team alignment.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
We are growing an elite team to drive financial insight, pricing and deal strategy at Stripe. Deal Pricing is a dedicated finance function that provides deal pricing expertise and deal strategy support to Stripe’s Sales team. You will be instrumental in providing thought leadership to customer segment teams and continuing to develop our framework, approach and processes in order to achieve mutually beneficial deals with our Users while mitigating risk to Stripe.
What you’ll do
- Serve as a key financial and strategic thought partner to the Sales team in both pricing deals at scale and pricing strategic deals.
- Be responsible for defining and implementing our margin guidance and identifying levers for margin uplift and outliers.
- Develop and refine new frameworks to evaluate a deal’s attractiveness to Stripe, ensuring alignment between these frameworks and the company’s long range plan.
- Scope tooling that will increase deal velocity and pricing confidence.
- Maintain up to date pricing benchmarks, using this data to enhance our pricing philosophy.
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience in finance or deal pricing (or equivalent) at a leading technology/payments company, or experience within investment banking, management consulting or private equity/venture capital.
- A proven ability to build strong collaborative working relationships with business partners through a combination of influencing and awareness.
- The ability to deal effectively with ambiguity and thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving environment by being a self-starter capable of driving business results without significant supervision.
- An enthusiastic "roll up your sleeves" mentality.
- Excellent financial modeling, verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with SQL and Tableau or a willingness to learn is a must.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄