Senior Backend Engineer (Core)
Mixmax (View all Jobs)
1. Takehome assignment purely based on their platform 2. Followed by phone interview
Programming Languages Mentioned
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with expertise in backend systems, infrastructure, and observability. You will play a key role in ensuring the stability, performance, and security of our platform, while continuously improving the developer experience and internal tooling. Our product teams will be able to deliver exceptional features and experiences for our customers thanks to the work you'll do alongside a globally distributed team.
The Core Team is a cross-functional group of engineers responsible for maintaining and enhancing our engineering infrastructure, observability, and internal tools. Our mission is to enable product teams to build, test, and deploy high-quality software rapidly and reliably. Our team consists of 6 engineers reporting to a Sr. Engineering Director.
Our distributed team works asynchronously, with minimal weekly meetings (daily, planning, retrospective, etc.). We use Jira and Slack primarily for communication, and we use Node.js, TypeScript, AWS, Terraform, MongoDB, and Datadog for our technology stack.
To take our product to the next level, we need a senior engineer who is passionate about learning and sharing knowledge.
Within Three Months, You'll:
- Gain a deep understanding of our infrastructure, observability, and tooling landscape
- Contribute to the optimization and modernization of our platform and services
- Work on projects related to infrastructure scalability, reliability
- Improve internal tooling and developer experience
Within Six Months, You'll:
- Drive the design and implementation of critical infrastructure and observability projects
- Collaborate with product teams to identify and address architectural and performance bottlenecks
- Actively contribute to a culture of continuous improvement
- Join our on-call rotation
Preferred Skills and Background:
- Strong experience with our core tech stack, which includes Node.js (JS, TS), AWS, Terraform, MongoDB, and Redis
- Extensive knowledge of infrastructure management, observability, and distributed systems
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and the ability to facilitate some Agile ceremonies
- Passion for personal and professional growth and eagerness to expand technical abilities
- Track record of maintaining and supporting systems throughout their lifecycle
- Excellent documentation and communication skills, as we're a distributed team in multiple time zones
It's Also Awesome (But 100% Not a Requirement!) For You To Have:
- Experience with event-driven architectures
- Knowledge of containerization and container orchestration technologies
- Familiarity with distributed systems and microservices architectures
- A data-driven and customer-centric mindset
- The ability to refer other great engineers to work at Mixmax! :wink:
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Mixmax, we know that nobody's perfect and that no one ever matches 100% with a job description. That's okay—we're human after all! Diversity and inclusion are core to our culture and we're actively committed to building a more inclusive and open workplace. No matter your background or how you identify, if you're excited about this role, we encourage you to apply.
The Mixmax Story
At Mixmax, our vision is a world without busywork. Since our launch in 2015, Mixmax has become the product of choice for over 10,000 Sales and Customer Success teams to eliminate and automate repetitive work. This means more time to focus on what matters: engaging and serving the needs of customers.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built. We’re a driven, passionate, responsible group that values personal and professional growth equally. We take care of ourselves, our families, our customers, and one another. We believe in sustainable and diverse approaches to work and life, because optimizing for the long-term is the best path to success.
Our company is globally distributed, with remote team members worldwide. We offer competitive salaries, meaningful equity, and generous benefits. And with Mixmax, you get to work on a product people love.
We are not considering US applications at the time being.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄