Senior Software Engineer - AI Search Personalization
Algolia (View all Jobs)
1. Take-home project 2. Onsite discussions and presentation
Programming Languages Mentioned
Algolia is set to enable every company to create world-class Search and Discovery experiences with an API-first approach. Performance and Scalability is at the heart of our mission: we power 1.5 trillion searches a year, for 10K+ customers all over the world.
If you're a problem solver, able to think outside the box and eager to nurture others and learn from them, then this is your challenge!
We’re a cross-functional team working on search personalization. Our AI-powered personalization engine understands users preferences by taking into account their past behavior and search history. It uses that information to predict future behavior and personalize search results, making them more relevant to the users.
As a Backend Engineer in our team, you will work closely with backend and ML engineers to architect, implement and run at scale solutions that handle large volumes of data, author complex data pipelines and create or use ML tools.
If you are a sharp, experienced engineer with demonstrated capabilities in implementing machine learning on Big Data stacks we want to hear from you.
Your role will consist of :
- Build data pipelines for collection, pre-processing and Machine Learning inference
- Build integrations with external APIs, connectors and services
- Contributing to the design, development, and ultimately operation of the product features at scale
You may be a fit if you:
- Have experience working with pipelines and manipulating big datasets
- Have experience with Public Cloud Providers such as GCP, AWS or Microsoft Azure
- Have working knowledge of DevOps or MLOps
- Are able to make autonomous decisions for which you will take ownership
- Are a team player
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with Go
- Experience with GCP, Terraform, Kubernetes
- Curiosity to MLOps
Team’s current stack:
- Languages: Python, Golang
- Infrastructure: GCP/GKE, Pub/Sub, BigQuery, BigTable, Airflow, Github Actions, CircleCI, TerraForm
We’re looking for someone who can live our values:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY- Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
Team’s current stack:
- Golang, GCP/GKE, pubsub, bigquery, bigtable, CircleCI, terraform
- API Clients: JS, Java, Scala, Go, Python, C#, Ruby, Swift, Kotlin, RoR, Symfony, Laravel
- NodeJS, TS, React, Shopify Polaris
Algolia’s flexible workplace model is designed to empower all Algolians to fulfill our mission to power search and discovery with ease. We place an emphasis on an individual’s impact, contribution, and output over their physical location. Algolia is a high-trust environment and our team members have the autonomy to choose where they want to work and when. We know community comes in many forms and strive to create opportunities for intentional in-person connection in our offices and virtually for our remote colleagues around the world.
We have a global presence with physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Paris, London, Sydney and Bucharest.
Algolia prides itself on being a pioneer and market leader offering an AI-powered, API-First Search & Discovery platform that empowers 17,000+ businesses to compose customer experiences at internet scale that predict what their users want with blazing fast search and web browse experience. Algolia powers more than 30 billion search requests a week – four times more than Microsoft Bing, Yahoo, Baidu, Yandex and DuckDuckGo combined.
Algolia is part of a cadre of innovative new companies that are driving the next generation of software development, creating APIs that make developers’ lives easier; solutions that are better than building from scratch and better than having to tweak monolithic SaaS solutions.
In 2021, the company closed $150 million in series D funding and quadrupled its post-money valuation of $2.25 billion. Being well capitalized enables Algolia to continue to invest in its market leading platform, to better serve its thousands of customers–including Under Armor, Petsmart, Stripe, Gymshark, and Walgreens, to name just a few.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄