Senior Analytics Engineer
Algolia (View all Jobs)
1. Take-home project 2. Onsite discussions and presentation
Programming Languages Mentioned
At Algolia, we are passionate about helping developers & product teams connect their users with what matters most in milliseconds!
We’re on a mission to make Algolia a data-driven organisation, and we’re looking for a Senior Analytics Engineer to join our Data & Analytics Engineering team and help us get there.
The Data & Analytics Engineering team empowers Algolia by transforming raw data into trustworthy, well-governed data so that our stakeholders can make better data-driven decisions, using a suite of best-in-class data tools in the modern data stack (ThoughtSpot, Hex, dbt, Atlan).
This team has a significant impact as we work closely with business analysts on our Sales Analytics, Marketing Analytics, Growth, Product and Infrastructure teams to help them learn about our customers, and find impactful ways to improve Algolia’s products and grow the business.
Our data team is composed of a Data Engineering team (building pipelines and scaling the Lake & Warehouse), and an Analytics Engineering team (building standardised data models and supporting company metrics and BI tools).
With Algolia’s rapid growth, there will be many data-related challenges that will need to be tackled! Are you ready for the challenge?
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
As a Senior Analytics Engineer, you will build the foundational data models that power Algolia’s BI tool (ThoughtSpot) and the data exploration tool (Hex). You will drive adoption of the data models through engaging demos and thoughtful documentation. By discovering innovative ways to automate our data processes, you will also make teams at Algolia more efficient and effective.
- Building data models with dbt to be used by Analysts on business reports and analyses.
- Coordinate with the Salesforce team and the Data Engineering team to enhance business-ready datasets.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand business requirements and develop data visualizations
- Drive adoption of well-governed data models among business analysts
- Maintain high data quality in the data models
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE MOST OR ALL OF THESE EXPERIENCES:
- 4+ years of experience in SQL (Redshift /Postgres preferred)
- 2+ years of experience designing and building data models in dbt
- Experience defining data quality tests and writing documentation in dbt
- 2+ years of experience with managing data visualization tools (i.e. Thoughtspot, Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- 1+ year in working in a Agile Team
- Interest in deeply understanding the data and business requirements.
- Experience with balancing team roadmaps and inbound requests.
- Excellent spoken and written English skills.
- You are humble, curious, proactive, and strike a balance between creativity, resourcefulness, and pragmatism.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Familiarity with data catalogs (i.e, Atlan, Alation, etc.)
- Familiarity with orchestration workflows like Airflow
- Familiarity with Reverse ETL tools like Census
- dbt Analytics Engineering Certification
We’re looking for someone who can live our values:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY- Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
Algolia’s flexible workplace model is designed to empower all Algolians to fulfill our mission to power search and discovery with ease. We place an emphasis on an individual’s impact, contribution, and output over their physical location. Algolia is a high-trust environment and our team members have the autonomy to choose where they want to work and when. We know community comes in many forms and strive to create opportunities for intentional in-person connection in our offices and virtually for our remote colleagues around the world.
We have a global presence with physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Paris, London, Sydney and Bucharest.
Algolia prides itself on being a pioneer and market leader offering an AI-powered, API-First Search & Discovery platform that empowers 17,000+ businesses to compose customer experiences at internet scale that predict what their users want with blazing fast search and web browse experience. Algolia powers more than 30 billion search requests a week – four times more than Microsoft Bing, Yahoo, Baidu, Yandex and DuckDuckGo combined.
Algolia is part of a cadre of innovative new companies that are driving the next generation of software development, creating APIs that make developers’ lives easier; solutions that are better than building from scratch and better than having to tweak monolithic SaaS solutions.
In 2021, the company closed $150 million in series D funding and quadrupled its post-money valuation of $2.25 billion. Being well capitalized enables Algolia to continue to invest in its market leading platform, to better serve its thousands of customers–including Under Armor, Petsmart, Stripe, Gymshark, and Walgreens, to name just a few.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄