Gemini (View all Jobs)
1. Phone chat 2. Take-home project 3. Discussion on-site. Questions on prior experiences and culture fit
About the Company
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Tyler Winklevoss and Cameron Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Our flagship product, the Gemini Exchange, was built to be a compliant and secure platform to buy, sell, and store crypto. Our suite of retail products includes ActiveTrader, a high-performance platform for advanced traders. Gemini also offers the Gemini Credit Card providing real-time crypto rewards, the Gemini dollar (GUSD), a U.S. dollar-backed stablecoin, and Gemini Staking, allowing users to securely stake their tokens on-chain and receive rewards. Nifty Gateway, Gemini's NFT platform, is the world's premier marketplace for NFTs and digital art.
Gemini customers also have access to a wide range of institutional products tailor-made for high-net-worth individuals, asset and wealth managers, and hedge funds and liquidity providers seeking exposure to crypto. Customers looking to place large orders can use Gemini eOTC, a fully-electronic over-the-counter trading platform built for high-value bulk orders. For wealth management professionals, we offer a unique destination for their clients’ crypto portfolios from a single platform, and we enable fully electronic clearing and settlement of off-exchange crypto trades.
The Department: Product
Gemini is a regulated, full-service, crypto service provider where engineering is the core of the company. There’s a wide range of tough problems to solve at Gemini – from properly securing hundreds of millions of dollars worth of customer funds, to developing innovative new blockchain products, to finding new techniques to combat fraud, to shaving microseconds off our API response times, and everything in between.
Our Product team is made up of skilled product managers with experience in tech, banking, fintech, and cryptocurrency. We draw from top players in the financial and technology industries who are ready to stretch themselves and face the unique and exciting challenges of the digital asset world. We are an internal “think tank” that tackles complex, cross-functional projects, iterates on existing products, and acts as the go-to team for Leadership’s technical vision.
The Role: Manager, Product
We're looking for an entrepreneurial, mission-driven, Product Manager to help us define and grow our products. This role will expand and build upon the vision of the product, define feature road-maps, and drive execution with our Engineering & Design teams. The ideal candidate has solid experience building innovative technologies from scratch, is driven by data and the needs to build world-class products, and has a pragmatic approach to getting high impact enhancements to market quickly. Experience in product planning, customer discovery, and implementing product development processes are all vital for this role. You will work with leaders in Engineering, Marketing & Design, and will be reporting directly to the Director of Product.
There are 1-5 positions open under this role.
- Analyze and synthesize strategic and economic data to ideate new product opportunities
- Leverage competitive research, customer data, and your understanding of our strategy to build world-class products
- Lead development of the features roadmap and manage execution with engineering & design
- Own the quality of the product and have a “roll-up-your-sleeves” mentality to deliver best in class products
- Influence and collaborate with stakeholders and leadership teams to invest and craft innovative rich product features
- 8+ years of experience in end-to-end product management at high-growth technology companies (e.g., creating product roadmap(s) from conception to launch)
- 1-2 years of people management experience
- Have a successful track record of leading cross-functional organization through product delivery
- Experience developing a multi-year vision, strategy and roadmap
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
- Affinity for team-oriented culture and demonstrated willingness to roll up sleeves and get into the weeds of a project
- Strong commitment to excellence
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Discretionary equity
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄