Senior Engineering Manager
Mozilla (View all Jobs)
1. Deep-dive discussions on technical and mentorship problems solved in the past. No live coding. Total of 3 rounds.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Ruby, C++, Python
To learn more about our Hiring Range System, please click this link.
Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks.
About this team:
Fakespot is now part of Mozilla, where our mission to bring trust and transparency back to the eCommerce space is now aligned with ensuring the Internet is a global resource, open and accessible to all. Fakespot leverages machine learning and other state-of-the-art technologies to automatically filter out spurious reviews of products and vendors so consumers can make informed purchasing decisions based on real feedback by real people.
What you’ll do:
- Mentor and develop a team of software engineers.
- Provide experience with provisioning and deploying highly scalable and high traffic systems
- Provide experience with an eclectic mix of programming languages such as Ruby, Go, Python and C++
- Be an integral part of code reviews and mentorship growth of an expanding team
- Lead the completion of major initiatives on clear timelines.
- Ensure that the software your team delivers is high quality, measurable, and maintainable.
- Develop and communicate the roadmap, scope, and risks of your team’s projects.
- Anticipate headcount needs for the team and recruit to fill those needs.
- Be a member of the Mozilla community, working on initiatives with peers and other teams.
- Champion Mozilla’s cultural values on the team with positivity and enthusiasm
What you’ll bring:
- At least 4 years of people management experience
- At least 1 year of experience managing other managers
- At least 6 years of prior experience as a software engineer
- Ability to influence roadmaps and execution in the teams you partner with
- Proficiency with software development practices for issue triage, prioritization, and execution.
- Ability to take initiative in a loosely structured environment to lead your team to success.
- Experience handling geographically-distributed team members with different skill sets from your own.
Bonus points for…
Passion for open source technologies
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R2193
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄