Senior Software Engineer, npm
Github (View all Jobs)
Remote - United States
1. Take-home exercise 2. Code review and technical discussions.
Programming Languages Mentioned
GitHub is changing the way the world builds software, and we want you to help build GitHub!
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work as a full-stack engineer with a distributed, diverse & passionate team delivering features & improvements to our open source projects. You’ll get to work closely with external community contributors as well as internal stakeholders from engineering, design, security, support, product & leadership. Your work will have a direct impact on the lives of millions of developers around the world.
- You will write, review & maintain code & technical documentation
- You will interact with our community, consumers & contributors, on a daily basis
- You will collaborate closely with internal & external stakeholders to define, design & develop new features that align business objectives with end-user’s wants & needs
- You will be responsible for helping triage & remediate bugs & security vulnerabilities
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- 5+ years of experience developing & debugging large scale projects, applications or developer tools
- 5+ years of experience contributing to, or maintaining, open source projects
- 5+ years of experience interfacing with RESTful APIs & OAuth Workflows
- 2+ years of experience with Git & GitHub
- Passion for open source & web standards
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills both written & verbal
- Experience writing high quality software & tests
- Experience developing for various operating systems a plus
Minimum salary of $89,200 to maximum $236,600.
In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee's role.
These pay ranges are intended to cover roles based across the United States. An individual's base pay depends on various factors including geographical location and review of experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant. At GitHub certain roles are eligible for benefits and additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These rewards are allocated based on individual impact in role.
Location: In this role, you can work remotely from anywhere in the United States.
Who We Are:
As the global home for all developers, GitHub is the complete AI-powered developer platform to build, scale, and deliver secure software. Over 100 million people, including developers from 90 of the Fortune 100 companies, use GitHub to build amazing things together across 330+ million repositories. With all the collaborative features of GitHub, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄