Senior C++ Engineer, Navigation SDK
Mapbox (View all Jobs)
1. Conversational interviews 2. Paid onsite project with team.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Mapbox is the leading real-time location platform for a new generation of location-aware businesses. Mapbox is the only platform that equips organizations with the full set of tools to power the navigation of people, packages, and vehicles everywhere. More than 3.9 million registered developers have chosen Mapbox because of the platform’s flexibility, security, and privacy compliance. Organizations use Mapbox applications, data, SDKs, and APIs to create customized and immersive experiences that delight their customers.
What We Do
We work at the core of a Navigation SDK product serving customers with use cases ranging from turn-by-turn navigation to delivery route planning for fleets of thousands of trucks. We get users from point A to point B effectively matching them on roads as accurately as possible. Members of our Navigation team become deeply familiar with routing and map-matching data structures and algorithms. Our navigation engine is built using C++ for performance and flexibility, with the same core engine powering our server-side APIs. It is a crucial part of our positioning service which allows turning GPS signals and additional available data into position on a road graph. Poor signals, a wide range of devices, urban areas and clouds can get in the way of users who expect us to position them quickly and accurately. To tackle all these uncertainties we are working not only on improving our algorithms and approaches but also on collecting and processing data to better understand the real world.
Our products power experiences and operations for customers like BMW, Rivian, GM, Toyota, Doordash and Instacart, etc.
We are looking for smart, fast learning team players who are driven by the idea of enhancing and developing core and essential components of current
What You'll Do
Joining us as a C++ Developer, you'll play a key role in developing software/tech for complex navigation systems for cars and mobile devices. Technologies vary from foundational features like map-matching and route progressing to more advanced and safety critical features like ADAS.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Analyze existing positioning algorithms and models, suggest and implement improvements
- Design and develop new tools and instruments for solving positioning problems
- Thinking through the best ways to solve particular technical challenges within existing technological and business constraints
- Writing clean, fast code to implement new features and improve existing functionality
- Implementing real time algorithms running on low power embedded hardware devices as well as mobile platforms
- Work closely with graph-based structures and algorithms
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- Broad, experience in software development;
- Strong proficiency in C++, with fair knowledge of the language specification;
- Strong knowledge of the standard libraries;
- Passionate about programming and have a strong focus on performance aspects;
- Knowledge of writing a cross-platform code is appreciated;
- Good communication skills in English, both written and spoken.
Would be a plus:
- Knowledge of platform specific package managers and cross-dependencies (iOS, Android);
- Knowledge of basic localization and navigations concepts (bearing, dead reckoning, electronic horizon etc.);
- Experience working with IMU and OBD II data.
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄