Senior Software Engineer
Articulate (View all Jobs)
United States (Remote)
1. Take-home project 2. Pair program on a problem similar to daily work
Programming Languages Mentioned
Articulate is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our amazing team.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Articulate, you’ll work closely with a brilliant team of engineers and designers to build industry-leading products and solve interesting, complex problems. You’ll be responsible for large tasks and you’ll collaborate with teammates to develop the right solutions.
What you'll do:
- Build new features and enhance existing ones with an eye for quality
- Participate in defining application architecture
- Collaborate closely with remote teammates
- Mentor software engineers and review work constructively
- Participate in and level up our incident response process
- Be part of a growing remote-first company with a world-class culture
- Be responsible for making effective use of your time, focusing on quality results instead of effort
What you should have:
- A proven track record of implementing, shipping and maintaining production software
- A history of collaborative, team-based work
- Strong communication skills and an ability to clearly explain technical topics to engineers and non-engineers alike
- Little need for direct oversight
- Proficiency with backend technologies (Node.js, Postgres, Docker)
- Strong git/github familiarity
Nice To Haves:
- AWS services (S3, SNS, SQS, etc.)
- Event-driven architectures
- Native Web Components
- Real-time collaboration (CRDTs, WebSockets, etc.)
Articulate Global, LLC, is the leading SaaS provider of creator platforms for online workplace training. Founded by Adam Schwartz in 2002 and led by CEO Lucy Suros, Articulate provides creator tools and services that make it simple for enterprises and SMBs to develop, deliver, and analyze online workplace training that’s engaging and effective.
Increasingly, organizations must reskill employees for ever-changing remote and hybrid work environments, create learning cultures that attract and retain employees in a tight labor market, and use training to build more equitable, empowering, and engaging workplaces. Articulate helps organizations address these critical business needs with its creator platform for workplace training. Articulate 360—a suite of creator tools for online courses—was named the 7th most-loved product in the world by TrustRadius in 2021. And Rise—an all-in-one online training system that makes online training easy to create, enjoyable to take, and simple to manage—is the first creator platform for SMBs and departments within the enterprise. Articulate has more than 118,000 customers in 170 countries and counts all 100 of the Fortune 100 companies as customers.
Named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces 2022 and a leader in building a human-centered organization, Articulate is guided by a commitment to provide the best value to customers, do right by employees, and create an equitable, empowering workplace for all. As a human-centered organization, we honor people’s humanity knowing that each person’s unique history, vulnerabilities, and social location inform how we show up with one another. We embrace our connectedness, aware that what we do and say impacts others. We give each other grace because we are all works in progress, learning and evolving every day. And we take responsibility for ourselves and are serious about our accountability to each other. In all we do, we strive to create an equitable, sustainable, and empowering workplace while we drive results for the business and make a positive impact in the world. Read more about our values here.
Articulate welcomes different voices and viewpoints and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, native language, pregnancy status, physical size, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applicants to voluntarily disclose their race and gender on our application form to help us create a diverse company. This voluntarily disclosed information will not be shared with any hiring manager and will be kept in confidence by the Articulate human resources department and executives who are not hiring for this position.
(For information about Articulate's privacy practices, please view our Privacy Notice)
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄
Get weekly alerts of new jobs from companies not using whiteboard interviews!