Full Stack Engineer, Connect
Stripe (View all Jobs)
1. Programming/debugging phone screen 2. On-site with your own laptop/setup and full access to internet. Interviews include systems design, 45 min practical coding question, integrating an API exercise, debugging, and talking with hiring manager about team alignment.
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
Connect enables the world’s leading platforms and marketplaces like Shopify, DoorDash, and Instacart to incorporate payments into their products. Connect has been at the forefront of Stripe’s growth due to the power of its offering, which enables our users to distribute Stripe’s payment processing directly to their sellers and merchants. As Stripe grows its suite of product offerings beyond payments, Connect will unlock a new phase of growth for Stripe by enabling our platforms to distribute all of Stripe’s products to their end users. Multiple teams within Connect are hiring full stack engineers.
What you’ll do
- Build end-to-end experiences for Connect that make it as easy as possible to participate in the Internet economy and receive money online. Some of Stripe’s largest users are platforms that connect senders of payments with receivers of payments. Lyft connects riders to drivers, Kickstarter connects backers to projects, and Squarespace connects shoppers to online stores. All of them participate in doing business online, and all of them use Connect.
- Make it easy for Connect platforms to scale their business through leveraging the full power of Stripe’s products via the dashboard, adding to their business models and product functionality while reducing integration lift and complexity.
- Build great product experiences (integrate with Instant Payouts, Issuing, Capital, Terminal, etc) into all of Connect’s dashboard surfaces.
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply.
- Enjoy being a generalist working on both the frontend, backend, and anything it takes to solve problems and delight users both internally and externally
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems
- Can stitch together many different services and processes together even if you have not worked with them before
- Can put yourself in the shoes of your users and be a steward of crafting great experiences
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise
- Uphold best practices in engineering, security, and design
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄