Gemini (View all Jobs)
1. Phone chat 2. Take-home project 3. Discussion on-site. Questions on prior experiences and culture fit
Programming Languages Mentioned
About the Company
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Tyler Winklevoss and Cameron Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Our flagship product, the Gemini Exchange, was built to be a compliant and secure platform to buy, sell, and store crypto. Our suite of retail products includes ActiveTrader, a high-performance platform for advanced traders. Gemini also offers the Gemini Credit Card providing real-time crypto rewards, the Gemini dollar (GUSD), a U.S. dollar-backed stablecoin, and Gemini Staking, allowing users to securely stake their tokens on-chain and receive rewards. Nifty Gateway, Gemini's NFT platform, is the world's premier marketplace for NFTs and digital art.
Gemini customers also have access to a wide range of institutional products tailor-made for high-net-worth individuals, asset and wealth managers, and hedge funds and liquidity providers seeking exposure to crypto. Customers looking to place large orders can use Gemini eOTC, a fully-electronic over-the-counter trading platform built for high-value bulk orders. For wealth management professionals, we offer a unique destination for their clients’ crypto portfolios from a single platform, and we enable fully electronic clearing and settlement of off-exchange crypto trades.
The Department: Analytics
Data and analytics are central to all of our business functions and drive many of our most important decisions at Gemini. The Analytics team is responsible for data architecture, data engineering, business intelligence, machine learning, and data governance functions that shape the way data is stored and leveraged across Gemini. Data engineers and Machine Learning engineers make up the Analytics team are responsible for building the primary decision support system that derives continuous value by
enabling individuals and various functional groups to make data driven informed decisions via our reliable data processes, data products and advanced analytics ability. The projects executed by the team cover a wide-range of topics including user acquisition and customer journey, cryptocurrency performance, product analytics, order book analytics, risk analytics, enabling automated and scalable blockchain based reconciliation systems, building predictive models all the way to enabling anomaly and fraud detection.
The Role: Data Engineer
As a member of our data engineering team, you'll deliver high-quality work while solving challenges that impact the whole or part of the team's data architecture. You'll learn recent advances in the big data space and provide solutions for large-scale applications aligning with the team's long term goals. Your work will help resolve complex problems with identifying root causes, documenting the solutions, and implementing operations excellence (data auditing, validation, automation, maintainability) in mind. Communicating your insights with leaders across the organization is paramount to success.
- Design, architect and implement best-in-class Data Warehousing and reporting solutions
- Lead and participate in design discussions and meetings
- Mentor data engineers and analysts
- Design, automate, build, and launch scalable, efficient and reliable data pipelines into production using Python
- Build real-time data and reporting solutions
- Design, build and enhance dimensional models for Data Warehouse and BI solutions
- Research new tools and technologies to improve existing processes
- Develop new systems and tools to enable the teams to consume and understand data more intuitively
- Partner with engineers, project managers, and analysts to deliver insights to the business
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve production and data issues
- Create test plans, test scripts and perform data validation
- Tune SQL queries, reports and ETL pipelines
- Build and maintain data dictionary and process documentation
- 5+ years experience in data engineering with data warehouse technologies
- 5+ years experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- 5+ years experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling
- Experience building real-time data solutions and processes
- Advanced skills with Python and SQL are a must
- Experience with one or more MPP databases(Redshift, Bigquery, Snowflake, etc)
- Experience with one or more ETL frameworks (Custom, DBT, Databricks, etc)
- Strong computer science fundamentals including data structures and algorithms
- Strong software engineering skills in any server side language, preferable Python
- Experienced in working collaboratively across different teams and departments
- Strong technical and business communication
- Spark, HDFS/S3, Messaging, Cloud computing (especially AWS) experience is a plus
- Experience with orchestration frameworks like Airflow and continuous integration and deployment
- Knowledge and experience of blockchain, financial markets, banking or exchanges
- Knowledge of working with BI applications (Tableau/Looker/Power BI, etc)
- Competitive starting salary
- A discretionary annual bonus
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄