Manager, Talent Science
Canonical (View all Jobs)
Home based - EMEA
1. Review your open source contributions at shortlist stage. 2. 4x60m interviews over Hangouts, each of which is carried out blind (none of the interviewers talk to each other until the final review). The company is fully remote, so there is no on-site.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Python, SQL, R
As a pioneer remote-first tech company with a product that inspires people globally, we attract a huge number of applicants to our organisation. We have created a hiring process that is totally unique empowering our Hiring Leadership team to lead talent selection. Our Talent Science team ensures that our processes are effective and that the business is able to make the best decisions to select exceptional talent. This is an exceptional opportunity to join a team that is changing the way an organisation hires.
Our Talent Science team has a mission to ensure that we follow objective, scientifically rigorous and efficient processes to select the very best new colleagues regardless of location, culture or background. We work closely with our key stakeholders to ensure that decisions are being made in the right way and that our hiring model supports the section of world class talent, regardless of location, culture or background.
We have two open manager level positions that will report directly into the Global Head of Talent Science. We are looking for experienced talent leaders that have driven world class talent initiatives using analytical approaches. You will lead a team of experienced behavioural talent scientists and be able to inspire and influence our senior leaders across the business. We are looking for exceptional people managers who bring excellent project management skills to ensure our projects and roadmaps are delivered on time.
Location: EMEA - Home based
What your day will look like
In this role you will:
- Lead a team of data driven behavioural experts, responsible for ensuring that our leadership teams are selecting game changing talent for our organisation.
- Drive deep analytics that impact the decisions we make when assessing talent in the Tech industry.
- Build key relationships with global Hiring Leadership stakeholders to drive our hiring agenda.
- Be seen as a thought leader on talent initiatives with an inherent belief that past performance predicts future success.
- Conduct in-depth behavioral talent interviews providing considerable insights into motivations and behaviours of talent.
- Review our assessment effectiveness to drive continuous improvement.
- Ensure our Employer branding and DEI initiatives support and drive an inclusive environment for our people.
What we are looking for in you
- An undergraduate or postgraduate degree in psychology/industrial psychology, or a compelling narrative about your alternative chosen path, together with an exceptional academic track record throughout your education years.
- Strong analytical mindset with solid evidence of using data to answer problems/questions to drive change (ability to use SQL/Python/R a plus, but not essential).
- Management experience overseeing data driven experts in the talent field including managing projects that drive efficiency and deliver results, ideally from in the Technology space.
- A thought leader in the talent space with the ability to influence best practice, bringing a solid point of how to build a high performance organisation.
- Experience of running and providing stakeholder training talent topics such as competency based interviews and sourcing.
- Experience of interpreting psychometric assessments with a deep belief that motivations and behaviours are as important as technical domain skills.
- Proven ability of working with senior stakeholders to drive a professional outlook on hiring talent as well as challenge the status quo.
- Passionate about employer branding, candidate experience, DEI.
- Experience of successful configuration of hiring tools that enable the selection process.
- Willingness to travel up to 4 times a year for internal events.
Other skills you may bring
- Experience in statistical significance testing and experience in Bayesian inference and/or predictive analytics and ML.
- Experience on building data dashboards.
- Exposure to the following tools: LinkedIn Talent Insights, Greenhouse, DISC profiling.
What we offer you
Your base pay will depend on various factors including your geographical location, level of experience, knowledge and skills. In addition to the benefits above, certain roles are also eligible for additional benefits and rewards including annual bonuses and sales incentives based on revenue or utilisation. Our compensation philosophy is to ensure equity right across our global workforce.
In addition to a competitive base pay, we provide all team members with additional benefits, which reflect our values and ideals. Please note that additional benefits may apply depending on the work location and, for more information on these, please ask your Talent Partner.
- Fully remote working environment - we’ve been working remotely since 2004!
- Personal learning and development budget of 2,000USD per annum
- Annual compensation review
- Recognition rewards
- Annual holiday leave
- Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Opportunity to travel to new locations to meet colleagues at ‘sprints’
- Priority Pass for travel and travel upgrades for long haul company events
Canonical is a pioneering tech firm that is at the forefront of the global move to open source. As the company that publishes Ubuntu, one of the most important open source projects and the platform for AI, IoT and the cloud, we are changing the world on a daily basis. We recruit on a global basis and set a very high standard for people joining the company. We expect excellence - in order to succeed, we need to be the best at what we do.
Canonical has been a remote-first company since its inception in 2004. Work at Canonical is a step into the future, and will challenge you to think differently, work smarter, learn new skills, and raise your game. Canonical provides a unique window into the world of 21st-century digital business.
Canonical is an equal opportunity employer
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a better work environment and better products. Whatever your identity, we will give your application fair consideration.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄