Manager, Quality Engineering
Samsara (View all Jobs)
Remote - US
1. Phone interview 2. Onsite interview (technical challenges based on real problems we've faced at Samsara)
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations™ Cloud, which is a platform that enables organizations that depend on physical operations to harness Internet of Things (IoT) data to develop actionable insights and improve their operations. At Samsara, we are helping improve the safety, efficiency and sustainability of the physical operations that power our global economy. Representing more than 40% of global GDP, these industries are the infrastructure of our planet, including agriculture, construction, field services, transportation, and manufacturing — and we are excited to help digitally transform their operations at scale.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including Video-Based Safety, Vehicle Telematics, Apps and Driver Workflows, Equipment Monitoring, and Site Visibility. As part of a recently public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Great Place To Work Certified™ 2023
Best Place to Work by Built In 2023
Financial Times The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023
Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
We see a profound opportunity for data to improve the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of operations, and hope you consider joining us on this exciting journey.
About the role:
This is a role leading the Quality Engineering team for the larger full-stack software development organization. We have lots of projects to deliver over the next few years and need to develop a scalable approach to measuring and holding an insanely high bar for quality in all of Samsara’s full-stack products. There is a lot of automation that needs to be built and hard engineering problems that need to be solved given the inherently complex nature of testing IoT products.
In this role, you will lead development and execution of a cross-organization quality strategy, and working with an amazing team of quality engineers to solve the hard engineering problems inherent in the world of IoT.
You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: The software, firmware, and hardware you build will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You want to build for scale: With over 2.3 million IoT devices deployed to our global customers, you will work on a range of new and mature technologies driving scalable innovation for customers across industries driving the world's physical operations.
- You are a life-long learner: We have ambitious goals. Every Samsarian has a growth mindset as we work with a wide range of technologies, challenges, and customers that push us to learn on the go.
- You believe customers are more than a number: Samsara engineers enjoy a rare closeness to the end user and you will have the opportunity to participate in customer interviews, collaborate with customer success and product managers, and use metrics to ensure our work is translating into better customer outcomes.
- You are a team player: Working on our Samsara Engineering teams requires a mix of independent effort and collaboration. Motivated by our mission, we’re all racing toward our connected operations vision, and we intend to win—together.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Lead development and execution of a cross-organization quality strategy
- Build automation and automation frameworks, while evangelizing them to the broader organization
- Work with an amazing team of quality engineers to solve the hard engineering problems inherent in the world of IoT
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Hire, develop and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Experience in developing automated tests as well as testing tools and infrastructure
- Five years of experience leading a quality engineering team
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- Demonstrated achievement in transitioning a team or organization away from manual testing to automated testing
An ideal candidate also has:
- Hands-on experience with mobile development and testing
- Experience in an IoT space
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
Full time employees receive an above market total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄