Aurora Innovation (View all Jobs)
1. Simplified real-world coding task on Coderpad.io 2. Time-boxed take-home assignment 3. Face-to-face meeting with teammates.
$141,000 - $211,000
Who We Are
Aurora (Nasdaq: AUR) is delivering the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. Founded in 2017 by experts in the self-driving industry, Aurora is revolutionizing transportation – making it safer, increasingly accessible, and more reliable and efficient than ever before. Its flagship product, the Aurora Driver, is a platform that brings together software, hardware, and data services, to autonomously operate passenger vehicles, light commercial vehicles, and heavy-duty trucks. Aurora is partnered with industry leaders across the transportation ecosystem including Toyota, Volvo, PACCAR, Uber, Uber Freight, FedEx, and U.S. Xpress. Aurora tests its vehicles in the Bay Area, Pittsburgh, and Texas and has offices in those areas as well as in Bozeman, MT; Seattle, WA; Louisville, CO; and Detroit, MI. To learn more, visit www.aurora.tech.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We’re searching for an FEA Analyst to join Aurora’s CAE team. The CAE team is responsible for every aspect of mechanical analysis for the Aurora Driver, from chip to vehicle levels.
In this role, you will
- Work within the Hardware Product Engineering group collaborating on requirements, design optimization, and fielding of complex hardware, specifically as it relates to analysis
- Verify hardware designs by utilizing FEA models using ANSYS simulation software
- Perform structural analysis on various load cases assessing modal resonance, shock, dynamics, vibration, and crash
- Complete a wide breadth of simulations to support performance assessments of vehicle level models down to chip level design
- Baseline current hardware designs and iterate until they meet the criteria
- Collaborate on multidisciplinary project teams balancing the numerous constraints on hardware designs
- Document analysis results and provide the project teams with results and recommendations
- Coordinate and perform validation tests along with the reliability team correlating to simulation results
- Work flexibly across the whole product development cycle with quick directional guidance as well as high fidelity rigorous simulation
- Mentor other team members on FEA best practices and simulation techniques
- Develop new workflows and methodologies in order to expand the depth and breadth meeting the growing demands of the AV industry
- Bachelor, Master, or Doctorate degree in Mechanical Engineer, Aerospace, or related.
- Detailed knowledge with Finite Element Analysis (FEA), structural mechanics, vibration and shock dynamics, heat transfer
- Deep understanding of complex assemblies and proven ability to produce high fidelity results
- Intuitive knowledge of material properties, behavior and Manufacturing processes
- Ability to own projects and be an independent self starter
- Strong technical documentation and communication of technical information
- Expertise with ANSYS structural tools including Workbench, Mechanical, SpaceClaim, LS-Dyna or similar FEA tools
- Multiphysics simulation experience with ANSYS (CFD, FSI, Electromagnetics)
- Experience with electronics reliability and automotive industry
- Physical Testing and correlation
- Opto-mechanical experience
The base salary range for this position is $141,000 - $211,000 per year. Aurora’s pay ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Within the range, the successful candidate’s starting base pay will be determined based on factors including job-related skills, experience, qualifications, relevant education or training, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future. The successful candidate will also be eligible for an annual bonus, equity compensation, and benefits.
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
At the core of everything we do is our commitment to safety. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and we believe that each employee at Aurora has a role in contributing to safety, every step of the way. Aurora expects commitment to our safety policies from every employee, and seeks candidates who take an active responsibility, can contribute to building an atmosphere of trust, and invest in the organization’s long-term success by prioritizing working safely, no matter what.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄