Senior Infosec Engineer
Articulate (View all Jobs)
United States (Remote)
1. Take-home project 2. Pair program on a problem similar to daily work
Programming Languages Mentioned
A Senior Infosec Engineer I is responsible for technical operations, troubleshooting, and implementation of security solutions. From internal processes, to nuances of our applications, we take a holistic and high-impact approach to security and supporting Articulate's goal of delighting our customers. This person is passionate about information security, risk management, and privacy. This person sweats the details, focuses on high-impact, values quality results over effort, and sees problems as opportunities to level-up our company.
- Collaborate with engineers and leadership to drive technical decisions.
- Develop scalable and resilient systems that improve Articulate’s security posture.
- Develop security processes and strategies that provide defense against cyber threats and are compliant with security controls.
- Contribute major contributions toward technical outcomes that align with business goals.
- Be a living example of the best practices your team and adjacent teams should follow when building security solutions.
- Collaborate effectively with senior software engineers and engineering management throughout the organization to drive change.
- Drive adoption of changes that raise the bar for highly-secure Articulate products.
- Tenacious problem solving abilities across a broad spectrum of our team's problem spaces, including application security, infrastructure security, IT security, and compliance.
- Balance near-term engineering needs with long-term organizational direction.
- Mentor and influence less-experienced team members in their technical career journey.
Qualifications / Skills
- 5 years professional experience
- You have a growth mindset and a deep passion for continuous learning.
- Experience developing detections and workflows in relevant legal, regulatory, and contractual requirements including but not limited to: SOC 2, FedRAMP, and ISO 27001.
- You’re confident making your way in and around Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS environments.
- Expert understanding of cloud base security operations concepts and practices.
- You have extensive experience using security tools, patterns, and practices that support engineering teams.
- You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to other engineers is no problem for you.
- You’re skilled in the art of troubleshooting systems. You can grasp both the problem at hand and the historical context of it. You also make smart decisions about how to move forward on a problem and make the system better and more reliable for your team.
- When you get stuck, as we all do from time to time, you are able to reach out to your team for help, showing that you understand the problem space and have already explored options to resolve it.
- You can timebox exploratory work appropriately.
- Must have strong programming experience with at least one: Node, Python, Ruby, GoLang
- Prefer to have previous experience as a Software Engineer
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄