Mozilla (View all Jobs)
Remote US, Remote Canada
1. Deep-dive discussions on technical and mentorship problems solved in the past. No live coding. Total of 3 rounds.
$69,372 - $84,788
For this position, we are looking for candidates that are located in the EST and CST timezone.
The Mozilla Foundation is a nonprofit public benefit organization. Our mission is to ensure that the Internet is a global public resource, open and accessible to all. Join us and become part of our mission to promote openness, innovation, and opportunity online!
Twenty years ago, this meant building a browser and protecting the open web. Today, it also includes making sure AI and data driven technology is more trustworthy. In order to focus on places where Mozilla can impact the next era of our work, we are increasingly working on the topic of trustworthy AI. For us, this means especially two things: human agency is a core part of how AI is built and integrated, and corporate accountability is real and enforced.
The Mozilla Foundation is seeking a Finance Associate to assist with managing the day-to-day financial operations of the Foundation. Primary responsibilities include expense management, accounting support, assisting with the monthly close & reporting processes, and supporting audits. This role will report to the Senior Finance Analyst and will be part of the Foundation’s Finance & Administration team.
As a Finance Associate at Mozilla, you will…
Support the day-to-day financial operations of the Mozilla Foundation. These responsibilities include:
Expense Management and Accounting Support
- Review and reconcile all accounts payable invoice and internal reimbursement claims ensuring that the claims accurately adhere to policy and proper documentation on a weekly basis.
- Generate accounts payable reports to supervise contract balances.
- Review employee credit card activities, reconcile to monthly statements, ensure accurate receipt collection, and build corresponding journal entries to record the activity into the accounting system.
- Build monthly payroll journal entries.
- Prepare all bank transaction journal entries and monthly bank reconciliation.
- Assist the Senior Finance Analyst with the monthly close and monthly & ad hoc internal reporting for the Foundation’s leadership, programmatic & operational teams, and social enterprises.
- Support the creation of the annual budget and several forecasts using financial reporting software platforms and internal tools.
- In partnership with the outsourced accounting team, assist with the Foundation’s annual audit and grant-specific audits, Form 990, and tax filings.
- Run the monthly staff timesheet process to meet grant compliance requirements.
- Support grant reporting and budgeting processes.
- Assist in the implementation and monitoring of the Foundation’s financial procedures and controls.
- Provide ad hoc reporting and analyses as required to support the organization.
Your Professional Profile:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in finance or accounting.
- A strong understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles, including U.S. GAAP and restricted & unrestricted non-profit accounting.
- Proficient with spreadsheets (Google Sheets or Excel).
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills, and ability to balance exciting priorities.
- Customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to cooperate and work toward solutions.
- Ability to communicate efficiently with diverse partners, internally and externally.
- Dedication to service and support for our team members; timely response to requests and follow-up as needed.
We Are Excited To See Any Additional Experience With:
- Experience with accounting or financial reporting software platforms. Experience with Sage Intacct accounting, Adaptive Insights financial reporting, or Bill.com is a plus.
Salary and Benefits Information:
The Mozilla Foundation is dedicated to fair and equitable compensation for our staff. We aim to pay a competitive and market-based salary based on the responsibilities and requirements of the role. We aim to offer at the midpoint of our salary ranges for the purposes of increasing inclusivity and fairness of our offer process and ensuring internal equity. We do not ask for, or take into account, salary histories in our offer process.
The base salary ranges, and the mid-point, for this role is listed below. We target the 75th percentile of market pay as a salary band midpoint for all levels, with 10% either side of the midpoint to create a salary range.These four countries are where we most commonly employ staff.
- Germany: €62,976 - €76,971 (mid-point: €69,973)
- UK: £35,846 - £43,812 (mid-point: £39,829)
- Canada: $69,372 - $84,788 (mid-point: $77,080)
- US: $59,888 - $73,197 (mid-point: $66,542)
We may also add in a geographic differential to this base salary based on the local job market. This would be applied to the above ranges depending on the successful candidate’s location. Below are some of the common cities in which we hire staff along with examples of salary ranges,with the geographical differential applied:
- Inner London: £39,072 - £47,755 (mid-point: £43,413)
- Toronto: $74,852 - $91,486 (mid-point: $83,169)
- New York: $66,356 - $81,101 (mid-point: $73,729)
The range for your specific location will be discussed in screening conversations if your application is successful.
We offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance + Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Retirement Plan contributions
- 20 Paid Time Off days per year (prorated) + your birthday
- Company Holidays + Shutdown
- Wellness budget
- Professional Development budget
- Top up program for Pregnancy and Parental leaves
Benefits are subject to change at any time at the discretion of Mozilla Foundation.
Mozilla Foundation Hiring Practices:
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities and expressions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at email@example.com.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄