Associate Solutions Architect
Stripe (View all Jobs)
1. Programming/debugging phone screen 2. On-site with your own laptop/setup and full access to internet. Interviews include systems design, 45 min practical coding question, integrating an API exercise, debugging, and talking with hiring manager about team alignment.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Who we are
At Stripe, you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach. Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead.
About The Team
The Solutions Architecture Team partners with our users to realize their full potential through the adoption of prescriptive solutions that drive their growth and success. We influence revenue growth across Stripe’s product portfolio, and collaborate with sales, support, product management, and Stripe’s executive team.
What You’ll Do
As a member of the team, you will have a major impact on our future success by partnering with our sales team. The Solution Architect works closely with prospects and existing Stripe users who want to grow their businesses by using Stripe’s solutions. The Solution Architect is a business and technical expert who can position and articulate Stripe’s value proposition and demonstrate product specific solutions during sales cycles, in order to achieve quarterly and annual sales goals for an assigned territory. You will be required to participate in a structured, collaborative training specific to the Stripe technology stack, industry, and pre-sales motions that will provide you the opportunity to build technical and soft skills and pursue diverse career paths.
After the completion of the above mentioned structured and collaborative training your responsibilities will include -
- Partner with sales as the technical and payments domain expert of a client-facing team, including contributing to RFI/RFP responses.
- Lead discovery meetings to understand user’s business priorities, their challenges and prescribe solutions that will solve their most pressing needs.
- Understand the competitive landscape and existing architecture to assess how Stripe can be best positioned to win the Users business.
- Build relationships with key decision makers, business owners and founders rapidly
- Demonstrate Stripe’s end-to-end solutions to our future and current users to showcase Stripe’s unique business value and differentiators.
- Answer product features and technical questions from customers.
- Clearly differentiate Stripe’s products and services as well as provide user references to highlight Stripe’s value add to their business
- Provide feedback to product management about product enhancements that can address customer needs and provide additional value.
- Share and learn best practices and re-usable assets with other Solution Architects to enhance the quality and efficiency of the team.
- Stay current on competitive analysis and market differentiation.
- Support marketing events including executive briefings, conferences, user groups, and trade shows.
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Business Information Systems(BIS), Information Technology, Engineering, Math or equivalent with an ability to learn technical concepts quickly (other majors, i.e. Finance, Accounting, Economics, etc welcome to apply).
- 1-3 years post college work experience in technical/business consulting, software engineering, sales/pre-sales. Experience of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) is a bonus.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Able to deliver compelling presentations and demonstrate products virtually and in person
- Be able to work with users to solve challenging problems, and simplify/explain hard, complex concepts to both technical and nontechnical audiences
- Curious, self-starter who likes to be challenged and deal with ambiguity and willing to learn new technologies and business processes
- Highly motivated and optimistic, organized and have the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Knowledge of one programming language like Java, Python, Ruby, Node.js, C#, or C++ or the interest to learn a programming language is a bonus.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄