Staff Frontend Engineer, Growth
Webflow (View all Jobs)
San Francisco HQ, US Remote, or ON/BC, Canada
1. Short take-home challenge 2. Paid 3-5 day freelance contract project
$151,000 - $208,000
Programming Languages Mentioned
At Webflow, our mission is to bring development superpowers to everyone. Webflow is the leading visual development platform for building powerful websites without writing code. By combining modern web development technologies into one platform, Webflow enables people to build websites visually, saving engineering time, while clean code seamlessly generates in the background. From independent designers and creative agencies to Fortune 500 companies, millions worldwide use Webflow to be more nimble, creative, and collaborative. It’s the web, made better.
We’re looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join our Activation team, responsible for helping more people succeed with Webflow and become customers. You will help us build engineering projects that impact new user onboarding, in-product education, lifecycle campaigns, and experimentation. Everything you work on will have a direct and measurable impact on Webflow’s business metrics and trajectory.
About the role
- Location: Remote-first (United States; BC & ON, Canada)
- Our cash compensation amount for this role ranges from $151,000 - $208,000 for most US locations and $168,000 - $231,000 for US locations with a higher cost of labor. All figures cited above are in $USD and pertain to workers located in the United States. Pay is based on several factors including market location, and may vary depending on job related experience, knowledge, qualifications, and skills.
- Reporting to the Director, Engineering
As a Staff Frontend Engineer, you’ll…
- Write performant and accessible UI components (React) that power visual design experiences and websites (check out CSS Grid, E-commerce, Interactions, and more!)
- Set up A/B tests and experiments to learn how we can iteratively improve the user experience over time
- Develop a deep understanding of our architecture and codebase while also learning about our product and the customers that use it
- Collaborate with software engineers, product managers, designers and QA analysts in an autonomous, supportive team environment
- Build and maintain unit and integration tests (Mocha, Jest, Cypress)
- Mentor other engineers on best practices, code design considerations, and quality
In addition to the responsibilities outlined above, at Webflow we will support you in identifying where your interests and development opportunities lie and we'll help you incorporate them into your role.
You’ll thrive as a Staff Frontend Engineer if you:
- Have 7 -10+ years of experience in scalable, multi-tenant environments that drive rich front-end experiences.
- Have 2+ years experience in tech leading teams, including helping scope and breakdown work.
- Have developed a scalable SaaS product or service that builds customer trust through accessible and reliable user experiences
- Value testing and documentation as much as you do code
- Are comfortable with ambiguity and scoping solutions with your teammates
- Have consistently communicated trade offs throughout a project to meet both technical and business requirements
- Believe the best product is the one that helps users accomplish their goals while growing the business
- Get excited about encouraging and developing earlier-career engineers
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Research shows that you may still be considered for a role if you meet just half of the requirements.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Obsess over customer experience. We deeply understand what we’re building and who we’re building for and serving. We define the leading edge of what’s possible in our industry and deliver the future for our customers.
- Move with heartfelt urgency. We have a healthy relationship with impatience, channeling it thoughtfully to show up better and faster for our customers and for each other. Time is the most limited thing we have, and we make the most of every moment.
- Say the hard thing with care. Our best work often comes from intelligent debate, critique, and even difficult conversations. We speak our minds and don’t sugarcoat things — and we do so with respect, maturity, and care.
- Make your mark. We seek out new and unique ways to create meaningful impact, and we champion the same from our colleagues. We work as a team to get the job done, and we go out of our way to celebrate and reward those going above and beyond for our customers and our teammates.
Benefits & wellness
- Equity ownership (RSUs) in a growing, privately-owned company
- 100% employer-paid healthcare, vision, and dental insurance coverage for employees and dependents (US; full-time Canadian workers working 30+ hours per week), as well as Health Savings Account/Health Reimbursement Account, dependent on insurance plan selection. Employees also have voluntary insurance options, such as life, disability, hospital protection, accident, and critical illness
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for both birthing and non-birthing caregivers, as well as an additional 6-8 weeks of pregnancy disability for birthing parents to be used before child bonding leave. Employees also have access to family planning care and reimbursement
- Flexible PTO with an mandatory annual minimum of 10 days paid time off, and sabbatical program
- Access to mental wellness coaching, therapy, and Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly stipends to support health and wellness, as well as smart work, and annual stipends to support professional growth
- Professional career coaching, internal learning & development programs
- 401k plan and financial wellness benefits, like CPA or financial advisor coverage
- Commuter benefits for in-office workers
Temporary employees are not eligible for paid holiday time off, accrued paid time off, paid leaves of absence, or company-sponsored perks.
Be you, with us
At Webflow, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Not ready to apply, but want to be part of the Webflow community? Consider following our story on our Webflow Blog, LinkedIn, Twitter, and/or Glassdoor.
To join Webflow, you'll need valid U.S. or Canadian work authorization depending on the country of employment.
If you are extended an offer, that offer may be contingent upon your successful completion of a background check, which will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws. We may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.
Webflow requires all new employees to submit their COVID-19 vaccination status as a condition of their employment. Your failure to timely provide requested information, may result in the revocation of your offer or the termination of your employment, as applicable.
At this time, Webflow does not permit employees who are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work out of any Webflow office, visit an office, or attend any in person work or company sponsored events. We will only consider individuals who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for roles which require any in person work. If, due to the nature of your role, you are at any time required to work in person, but you are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to applicable regulations, your employment may be terminated.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄