Software Engineer - Flexible Platform Front-End
PagerDuty (View all Jobs)
1. Zoom / on-site pair programming and tasks
Programming Languages Mentioned
PagerDuty is seeking a Front End Engineer to join our diverse, customer-centric technology company!
You’ll be part of a team that’s intensely focused on our customers and the engineering community. We design, build, and run robust systems that extend and enhance our amazing products. Of course, we use our own products ourselves!
Established in late 2021, Lisbon, Portugal is PagerDuty’s second location in Europe, after London, UK, and with activity further bolstered by a sales team across the continent. Dutonians in Portugal are valued members of our global team, with equal access to competitive pay and benefits, learning and development programs, structured career architecture and opportunities for advancement, company culture events, and the enriching experience of collaborating with colleagues all around the world.
Europe is the fastest growing region of the business with international revenue increasing 41 percent year over year in PagerDuty’s second quarter. The Lisbon location represents an opportunity to accelerate hiring as we scale towards $1 billion annual recurring revenue (ARR). Based on the success of the region, we are excited to have expanded our presence in Europe with our Portugal location, along with now offering our customers a European hosting option for data assets, including customer-generated data.
We are thrilled to be a part of Portugal’s flourishing technology network and provide career-making moments at PagerDuty.
Overview of the Role
As a Front-end Engineer in Platform, you’ll help develop a set of configurable, flexible building blocks that can be leveraged to manage a variety of real-time work and real-time workflows. With that, we are increasing our engagement with partners integrating other tools with PagerDuty and customers customizing the platform and creating deeper integrations to fit specific environments and specific workflows. Come help us build the new Platform group who are shipping the building blocks of the new PagerDuty Platform.
The Platform team is working closely with other product development teams internally who will leverage these building blocks to build new products. We’re also working closely with customers and partners to better understand their needs as it comes to platform flexibility and customizability; our larger, more sophisticated customers, in particular, are asking for a high level of customizability in terms of how they manage real-time work (such as alerts, incidents, post-mortems, security events, etc). Additionally, you will be working closely with Product and UX to create our design system and help deliver innovative product features.
How You Contribute to Our Vision: Key Responsibilities
- Work with leaders to implement the set of flexible platform building blocks that will become the PagerDuty Platform.
- From day one, you’ll be designing, coding, testing and shipping frontend interfaces and libraries that ensure we deliver secure, highly reliable and scalable solutions to our customers.
- Since we own and operate what we build, you’ll collaborate closely with engineers across teams.
- Using frontend architecture patterns that scale across the engineering organization and provide better user and developer experiences
- Writing unit and integrations tests
What You'll Bring
- You have at least 2 years experience building and managing web apps using a modern component based framework.
- Have worked on distributed React apps, NodeJS required
- Knowledge about core parts of frontend engineering (state management, performance, accessibility, styling, infrastructure)
- Empathy - you can clearly communicate your thoughts and opinions to others and facilitate these technical discussions to a successful outcome.
- Commitment to ensuring our team works sustainably and inclusively. Read more about PagerDuty’s commitment to diversity & inclusion.
- You have strong experience in designing and building REST APIs.
- Experience with agile (scrum, kanban, lean) delivery methodologies.
- Public cloud engineering on AWS (preferred), Azure, or GCP platforms.
We’re Particularly Interested In People Who
- Have worked on a component library or design system before
- Favor regular, incremental delivery over perfection.
- Strive for continuous learning and improvement for themselves and their teams.
- Are excited about ensuring that all of our systems scale smoothly.
- You’ve played a key role or contributing role on architecting or building a developer platform.
PagerDuty is a global company focused on inclusion and employee well-being by building a culture that isn’t location specific and gives equal opportunity to everyone—regardless of where you are working.
As a Dutonian, you can expect competitive pay and benefits; structured learning, development, and advancement; immersion in our award-winning company culture; and exceptional colleagues. PagerDuty currently has offices in Atlanta, Lisbon, London, San Francisco, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto, with remote opportunities in those countries and Chile. We offer a hybrid, flexible workplace, while also providing ample opportunities for connection in-person and virtually with your fellow Dutonians.
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
One way we ensure our employees are inspired to do their best is through a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports them and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- Flexible work arrangements
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid volunteer time off - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days & Midyear Wellness Week - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
- HibernationDuty - a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a leader in digital operations management. In an always-on world, organizations of all sizes trust PagerDuty to help them deliver a better digital experience to their customers, every time. Teams use PagerDuty to identify issues and opportunities in real time and bring together the right people to fix problems faster and prevent them in the future. Notable customers include Cisco, Genentech, Electronic Arts, Cox Automotive, Shopify, Zoom, DoorDash and more.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, 50% of our board of directors is comprised of women, 45% of our managers are from underrepresented groups, and we are a proud member of the Pledge 1% Movement, committed to donating 1% Equity, 1% Employee time, and 1% Product to accelerate change in our communities.
PagerDuty is Great Place to Work-certified™, a Fortune Best Place to Work for Women, and a top rated product on TrustRadius and G2.
Go behind-the-scenes @pagerdutylife on Instagram.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. PagerDuty provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄