Software Engineer, Service Platform
Stripe (View all Jobs)
1. Programming/debugging phone screen 2. On-site with your own laptop/setup and full access to internet. Interviews include systems design, 45 min practical coding question, integrating an API exercise, debugging, and talking with hiring manager about team alignment.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
Stripe’s infrastructure powers businesses all over the world. We process payments, run marketplaces, help entrepreneurs start an internet business from anywhere in the world, and more. Infrastructure engineers at Stripe build the systems that power all of our products, globally and at scale.
Our users trust us with their businesses and livelihoods, and every request that Stripe handles is critical. We process billions of dollars every year for millions of users, from the largest enterprises to a startup making their first sale. We invest deeply in the reliability of our infrastructure to earn their trust.
What you’ll do
Stripe has thousands of engineers working across many different product areas. The Service Operations team works with engineers to build tools and solutions to accelerate the development and operations of their software. We have a lot of work to do: in 2023, we must expand our development tooling to cover more use cases and provide users with intuitive experiences for creating and operating their services at scale. We’d love for you to be a part of it. We’re close to the people using our tools and solutions and we are constantly looking for opportunities to improve their experiences.
- Design, build, and support tools and automated processes to provide intuitive, resilient and flexible solutions that accelerate engineers across the company.
- Build a great customer experience driven by customer feedback and analytics.
- Simplify complexity by utilizing design principles and setting the right context and expectations.
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
We’re looking for people with a strong background (or interest!) in building tools and solutions to make engineers more effective. We’d love to hear from you whether you’re a seasoned productivity engineer, or whether you’ve just learned you like building automation for other engineers. Many of our engineers work remotely from both the US and Canada, and we’d be happy to talk to you about the possibility of working remotely.
- Build internal tools and solutions that engineers love to use
- Debug complex problems across the whole stack
- Uses a metrics driven approach and can make informed decisions using data
- Strives for operational excellence holding yourself and others accountable for a great experience
- Are able to write high quality code in a programming language (e.g.Typescript, Go, Java)
- Has experience designing and building infrastructure tooling
- Has experience building and operating services or infrastructure at scale
- Thinks in systems: their edge cases, failure modes, and lifecycles
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄