Receipt Quality Specialist
Fetch Rewards (View all Jobs)
1. Short take-home project 2. 50 min screening interview that includes discussion of project 3. 5 hr (w/ breaks) final interview that involves speaking with your future manager and a non-technical product manager, a real-world coding problem, and high-level and low-level system design problems.
Programming Languages Mentioned
What we’re building and why we’re building it.
Every month, millions of Fetch app users are rewarded for buying brands they love and discovering new favorites. From the grocery aisle to the drive-through, Fetch makes saving money fun by turning receipts into rewards, and that’s why we frequently top app-store rankings. It’s not just our users who believe in Fetch’s growth: with SoftBank, Univision, and Hamilton Lane investing, and partners ranging from challenger brands to the Fortune 500, we are bringing consumers and brands together in a way that excites the marketplace.
When you work at Fetch, you’ll play a major role in the nation’s #1 reward platform that drives brand loyalty by connecting consumers directly with their favorite brands. User and partner success is at the forefront of everything we do, and we value employee success and happiness just as much. Ranked as one of America's Best Startup Employers by Forbes for two years in a row, we’re proud of our people-first culture rooted in trust and accountability. We empower employees to challenge ideas, think bigger, and find ways to bring the fun to Fetch.
Fetch is an equal employment opportunity employer.
In order to reward users for the items they purchase, we must accurately identify products based solely on the receipt image submitted by users to the Fetch app. However, many retailers make it difficult to identify products on a receipt. That’s where the Receipt Quality Team comes in.
As a Receipt Quality Specialist, you will play an integral role in rewarding users when they create value for our partner brands. The ultimate mission? Ensuring quality reads on every receipt, every time. To aid in reaching this mission, Receipt Quality Specialists participate in two main functions:
- Assess and score the quality of our receipt reading processes. Compare actual scanned receipt images with Fetch app predictions to determine the accuracy of each receipt read.
- Create answer keys for difficult to read receipts. Research popular brands and products to understand receipt descriptions.
- Purchase products in store (we pay, you keep!) and document key details listed on the retailer’s receipt.
Skills and experience we believe you will need for this position:
- Enthusiastic about Fetch
- You are ready to help reimagine what shopping looks like!
- Able to physically shop in-store at assigned retailers daily
- Did we mention that Fetch pays for the products and you get to keep them?!
- Technically proficient
- Familiarity with Google Sheets, comfortable working from home, participating in Zoom/video meetings, and able to use a variety of programs and tools.
- Fast learner
- You see a challenge as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Adaptable to change
- We move fast and improve daily. You are excited about working at an accelerated pace and implementing real change.
- You aren’t willing to settle. When you identify something that can be improved, you take the initiative to make it happen.
- You love feedback and want to leverage it to continue growing.
Other nice to have qualities include:
- Experience as a personal shopper, working in a grocery retailer, or familiarity with the consumer packaged goods (CPG) industry.
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities.
- Experience with owning or pushing projects forward.
- Additional technical skills including SQL, Python, and/or more advanced Google Sheets/Excel experience.
Candidates must be located in Phoenix, AZ.
At Fetch, we'll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure through:
- Stock Options for everyone
- 401k Match: Dollar-for-dollar match up to 4%.
- Benefits for humans and pets: We offer comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans for everyone including your pets.
- Continuing Education: Fetch provides $10,000 per year in education reimbursement
- Employee Resource Groups: Take part in employee-led groups that are centered around fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace through events, dialogue and advocacy. The ERGs participate in our Inclusion Council with members of executive leadership.
- Paid Time Off: On top of our flexible PTO, Fetch observes 9 paid holidays, including Juneteenth and Indigenous People’s Day, as well as our year-end week-long break.
- Robust Leave Policies: 18 weeks of paid parental leave for primary caregivers, 12 weeks for secondary caregivers, and a flexible return to work schedule.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄