Receipt Quality Specialist
Fetch Rewards (View all Jobs)
San Bernardino, CA
1. Short take-home project 2. 50 min screening interview that includes discussion of project 3. 5 hr (w/ breaks) final interview that involves speaking with your future manager and a non-technical product manager, a real-world coding problem, and high-level and low-level system design problems.
Programming Languages Mentioned
What we’re building and why we’re building it.
Fetch is a build-first technology company creating a rewards program to power the world. Over the last 5 years, we’ve grown from 0 to 17M active users and taken over the rewards game in the US with our free app. The foundation has been laid. In the next 5 years, we will become a global platform that will completely transform how people connect with brands.
It all comes down to two core beliefs. First, that people deserve to be rewarded when they create value. If a third party directly benefits from an action you take or data you provide, you should be rewarded for it. And not just the “you get to use our product!” cop-out. We’re talkin’ real, explicit value. Fetch points, perhaps.
Second, we also believe brands need a better and more direct connection with what matters most to them: their customers. Brands need to understand what people are doing, and have a direct line to be able to do something about it. Not just advertise, but ACT. Sounds nice right?
That’s why we’re building the world’s rewards platform. A closed-loop, standardized rewards layer across all consumer behavior that will lead to happier shoppers and stronger brands.
Fetch Rewards is an equal employment opportunity employer.
In order to reward users for the items they purchase, we must accurately identify products based solely on the receipt image submitted by users to the Fetch app. However, many retailers make it difficult to identify products on a receipt. That’s where the Receipt Quality Team comes in.
As a Receipt Quality Specialist, you will play an integral role in rewarding users when they create value for our partner brands. The ultimate mission? Ensuring quality reads on every receipt, every time. To aid in reaching this mission, Receipt Quality Specialists participate in two main functions:
- Assess and score the quality of our receipt reading processes. Compare actual scanned receipt images with Fetch app predictions to determine the accuracy of each receipt read.
- Create answer keys for difficult to read receipts. Research popular brands and products to understand receipt descriptions.
- Purchase products in store (we pay, you keep!) and document key details listed on the retailer’s receipt.
Skills and experience we believe you will need for this position:
- Enthusiastic about Fetch
- You are ready to help reimagine what shopping looks like!
- Able to physically shop in-store at assigned retailers daily
- Did we mention that Fetch pays for the products and you get to keep them?!
- Technically proficient
- Familiarity with Google Sheets, comfortable working from home, participating in Zoom/video meetings, and able to use a variety of programs and tools.
- Fast learner
- You see a challenge as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Adaptable to change
- We move fast and improve daily. You are excited about working at an accelerated pace and implementing real change.
- You aren’t willing to settle. When you identify something that can be improved, you take the initiative to make it happen.
- You love feedback and want to leverage it to continue growing.
Other nice to have qualities include:
- Experience as a personal shopper, working in a grocery retailer, or familiarity with the consumer packaged goods (CPG) industry.
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities.
- Experience with owning or pushing projects forward.
- Additional technical skills including SQL, Python, and/or more advanced Google Sheets/Excel experience.
Candidates must be located in San Bernardino, CA
At Fetch Rewards, we'll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure through:
- Stock Options: Fetch wants you to be on the rocketship with us! Options will give you the opportunity to share the excitement of the company growth and have your own stake in its success.
- 401k Match: We match 100% of the first 4% of your 401K contribution.
- Benefits for humans and pets: We offer comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans for everyone including…
- Medical: preventative care covered at 100%, HDHP with employer-seeded HSA, free Telehealth, extensive mental health support
- Dental: Teeth whitening, adult orthodontia, night guards covered
- Vision: Allowance for glasses and contacts in the same plan year, discounts on laser eye surgery
- Family Planning Benefits: Partnering with Carrot which will provide partial coverage for egg retrieval, adoption, IVF, and surrogacy
- Short-term and Long-term Disability coverage at no cost to you
- Pets: Pet insurance fully covered for the first pet. Our bereavement leave also includes our furry friends.
- Continuing Education: Fetch provides up to $10,000 per year in education reimbursement support for any job-related courses/programs/certifications. You will also have access to Udemy, an online course provider with thousands of topics to discover.
- Employee Resource Groups: Take part in employee-led groups that are centered around fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace through events, dialogue and advocacy. Current groups include Amplify BiPoC, Amplify Women, Amplify LBGTQ+, Amplify Family, and Amplify Veterans.
- Paid Time Off: On top of our flexible PTO, Fetch observes 9 paid holidays, including Juneteenth and Indigenous People’s Day, as well as our End-of-Year break.
- Robust Leave Policies: Whether it’s for you or a loved one, Fetch offers generous leave time for various health and personal needs that take you away from work. Our parental leave policy provides 18 weeks of paid time off for primary caregivers, 12 weeks for secondary caregivers, and the option to create a flexible return to work schedule in the last few weeks of leave.
- Wellness Program: Utilize these tools and resources to bring your best self to work each day.
- Wellness coach on staff to help you create goals, provide accountability and support you on your wellness journey
- Nutrition counseling through Charge Nutrition
- Gympass membership to access in-person gyms, virtual workout classes, meditation apps, and much more.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides no cost, confidential resources and services to help navigate life's many changes and challenges.
- Social Impact Efforts: Take part in volunteer events or donate to your favorite organizations through BrightFunds.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄